Nico

Nico really didn't want to be at the hospital. Honestly, they freaked him. The thought everything that goes on in those places... But Hazel's grandma was here, and dying. As Hazel and Nico walk down the hall, the emergency doors fly open. Nico jumps back in shock and Hazel stops dead in her tracks. They wheel in a boy on a stretcher, and not just any boy. Nico recognizes him. It's Will.

Nico turns to Hazel. "Hazel," he says meeting her eyes. "I will be right back." He turns around and runs after the stretcher before Hazel can say anything. He races down the hall, shoving people, and keeping his eyes on Will's blonde hair. 

Nico sees them turn a corner and stops running. Out of breath he turns around. He can feel stranger's eyes staring at him.

  Wait... Why am I chasing after him? He barely knows me. Still...

Nico doesn't know what to think. He starts walking back the way he came, but he can't find Hazel anywhere.  Nico decides to walk around and try to find her. Nico takes out his phone. Great. Dead.

Why wasn't I listening when Hazel told me the room number?

Finally, after what feels like an hour, Nico walks past a room and stops to do a double take. It's Will. Nico enters the room and pulls up a chair next to him. Nico brushes locks of golden hair out of his eyes.

It's funny... Just a few hours ago, this guy was giving me an award winning smile, and now... Now he looks... Dead...

Nico feels tears fill his eyes and he blinks them away.

Why am I crying over this guy? I barely know him. Still... There's just something about him...

Will's eyes flutter open, and Nico jumps. Will looks at Nico meeting his eyes. "Hey," Will says weakly, and gives Nico a small smile. Nico can't tell if it is a fake one or not, it's hard to tell. "Hey..." Nico says with a shaky, and he can feel his cheeks turning red.

"You know..." Will says, not leaving Nico's eyes. "You are the last person I expected to see.."

"And why's that?" Nico asks, feeling a little bit of hurt.

"Because, I barely know you... Plus you've got that I hate the world vibe..."

Nico can't help but laugh at what Will said. will smiles. 

"Wait," Nico says seriously. "You... Thought that I would come?"

Will's cheeks turn rosy red. "Well... I know it's stupid..." Will says as his face gets even more red. "I hoped that... You would come... When I woke up... And, here you are..."

Nico can't decide who's face has the deepest blush, Will's, or his own. The spend what feels like the longest time staring into each other's eyes. Then Will takes Nico's hand, pulls it up to his lips, and gives it a gentle kiss.