Will

Will gets on the bus. He left the hospital. No way was he going to stay there all night. He sees an African American girl sitting a few seats back. He doesn't recognize her from school but,something is familiar about her, he just doesn't know what... He sits next to her.

"Hey," she smiles sadly. "Will right?"

"Yeah," he mutters. Being popular, well it pretty much meant everyone knew his name even if they didn't go to the same school.

"Hazel," she says looking at him as if she knows something about him that he doesn't. "So," her voice changes to a curious tone. "Do you know my brother Nico?"

"Yeah I know," Will says trying to sound upbeat. I wish I knew him better. I wish we were friends. I wish we were more than- 

"Are," she takes a breath. "You two, like dating?"

"What? No! I only met him today!" Will says in shock. I wish we were... So he did kiss me...

Hazel blushes deeply and looks embarrassed. "I am sorry!" She says nervously. "I did not mean to offend you or anything, I just saw my brother kiss you-"

"It's okay," Wills says trying to calm her down, and contain his own emotions. "You did not offend me. I am gay. So your brother did not offend me either."

Hazel relaxes and smiles brightly. "My brother he never told me he was gay. I read his-"

Will laughs. "You and my sister are the same."

Hazel laughs. "So do you like him? My brother, I mean."

"Why?" Will asks still smiling.

"Because," Hazel blushes. "He likes you..."

Will blushes as his mind races away from him.

"Why did you tell me? Won't he be mad, that you told me?" Will asks as the bus pulls to a stop.

"I told you," Hazel takes breath. "Because I have never seen my brother smile a real smile. If you like him back, ask him out please. I just want him to live again. You will probably like him when you get to know him. I know that sounds pathetic, but there is something about you... Something soft, kind, and gentle. What do I know? I am just some stupid thirteen year old, that doesn't know anything about love." 

Will  notices that it his stop, and gets off. He turns back toward Hazel.

"I think I will ask him out, not because of what you said," he meets her eyes. "I do like him."

He walks to the stairs of the bus and looks over his shoulder. "Hazel," he meets her eyes again. "Age does not define what you know about love."

She smiles as Will get off the bus and walks to an empty house.