Jason

"You dumb fuck!" Jason's mother yells and slaps him. "You wrecked the damn car!? I can not believe you!"  

"Leave him alone!" Thalia yells at her. "You are the dumb fuck!"  

Thalia and her mother really started going at it. Cussing like sailors and using words like toys. Jason ran outside, not wanting to hear anymore. He ran to the bus stop, and got on the bus when it came. 

A few seats over he saw an African American girl sitting with a Chinese guy. They were smiling and laughing. Jason wondered what they were talking about. The guy looks over at Jason and stops laughing, so does the girl. "Hey are you okay?" The guy asks. 

"Yeah," Jason mutters. "My mom got drunk and slapped me for wrecking my car." 

"Oh my gosh!" The girls gasps. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah..." Jason says without emotion. " drove off the side of the road, and ended up in a ditch. I went home to tell my mom... And she slapped me, and cussed me out. Then her and my sister staring fighting again." 

"Wow..." The guys says. "I am sorry." 

"You're sixteen right?" The girl asks after a moment of silence. Jason nods. "Well... You only got two more years left. Then you can leave... And do whatever you want with your life. You won't be stuck with them forever. Not saying that your sister is like your mother or anything... But I know that watching them fight..." 

"It's okay," Jason cuts her off. "I love my sister... She is just trying to protect me." 

He gives them a litter fake smile. "What are your names?" Jason asks, wanting to change the subject. "My name is Hazel," says the girl. "Frank," the guy says. "What's your name?" 

"Jason." 

The bus pulls to a stop. Jason looks outside and sees that they are downtown. "Well bye Hazel," Jason says standing up. "Bye Frank." 

"Bye Jason!" Hazel calls. "Bye." Frank says as Jason gets off the bus. He watches the bus drive away, and turns and starts walking when he runs into someone. 

*                                                                                               *                                                                                 *