Piper

"Dad! I'm home!" Piper calls, coming into her big empty house. "But you're not..." She mutters, sitting her book bag on the counter. She makes herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and sits on a bar stool.  She finishes her sandwich and goes up to her room, taking her bag with her. 

She throws it on the bed. She takes out her phone and calls her dad. It goes straight to voicemail. 

"Hey dad," Piper says sadly. "Just wanted to let you know... I am home. I know that you are busy and all but..." 

What should I say? That I miss you, and would you please come home? How pathetic would that be? Ugh...

"I love you. It sure would be awesome if you came home before midnight tonight. I would love to hang out with you..." 

She hangs up and lays down on the bed. Just then her phone rings. A warm feeling spread through out her body. Maybe, just maybe it's her father, Tristan McLean. She looks at her phone and all hope dies. It's Drew, a.k.a. the most popular girl at Venus high school, and Piper's archenemy. Piper knows ignoring the call would only cause more trouble, so she answers it.

"Piper!" Drew says sounding pissed. "What do you want Drew?" Piper asks with dread. 

"I need tickets to your dad's big movie premiere next week! I need ten of them. So get them!" 

Drew hangs up. Piper sighs. 

I wish she didn't know that my dad is a famous movie star. Then I wouldn't have to put up with this. 

Her phone rings again, she looks with dread hoping it's not Drew again. Nope Leo Valdez. 

"Hey Leo..." Piper says with no enthusiasm. 

"Hey... you okay?" Leo asks sounding concerned. 

"Yeah everything's fine," Piper says trying to sound up beat. 

"You sure?" 

"Yes Leo." 

"Hey I was thinking that maybe we could go hang out or something."

Piper wanted to say no and that she was busy, but she could hear hope in Leo's voice and she didn't want to disappoint him. "Yeah... Sure." 

"I hear that some band is playing downtown tonight. Want to go?" Leo asks. 

"Sure," Piper says and hangs up.  

*                                                                                       *                                                                                        *

As Piper and Leo roamed the downtown streets, music basted, people were eating, talking, listening to the band, smoking, and drinking. Leo was going on and on about this girl he met over the weekend, but Piper wasn't listening. Piper was thinking about her dad. 

I could get tattoos, piercing, take drugs, smoke, get addicted to booze, and I bet he won't even care. I wish he wouldn't work so much. 

Wham! "Ow..." Piper looks up to see that she ran into someone, and Leo was nowhere to be seen. 

"Are you okay?" a guy's voice asks. "Yeah..." She mumbles. She looks at the guy and gasps. 

He is tall, muscular, blonde hair, blue eyes, and looks to be sixteen. "Sorry for running into you," the guy says. Piper smiles. "Actually, I ran into you," Piper says. "I should be the one apologizing." 

"No. No," the guy insist. "I wasn't paying attention." 

"Neither was I!" 

They both laugh. "What's your name?" the guy asks. "Piper," she says and smiles.  

"Well Piper... Tell you what," the guy smiles. "How about... I take you out for dinner. What do you say?" 

The guy was hot and nice. Piper didn't have any reason not to. 

"Tell you what..." Piper smirks. "Tell me your name... And I'll think about." 

"Jason." 

"Okay Jason. You can take me out for dinner." 

Piper and Jason walked down the street. Piper decided to banish all thoughts, except for how her date with Jason was going to go. She forgot about Drew, her dad, and even Leo.