(15) Only in a Lifetime

Chapter 15

Charles’s POV

Jesse and I woke up in the same position we had been for the past week. I had my head on Jesse chest and he had his arm wrapped around me, as if he didn’t want me to leave. Jesse has actually gone a week without drinking; maybe that’s because I’ve not let him out of my sight, but still... I breathed deeply as I took in Jesse’s sent. He smelt clean again, like he use to. I sat up as I hit Jesse’s naked chest repeatedly. ‘Jesse wake up,’ I whispered as I continued to hit his chest. Jesse groaned loudly before pulling the quilt up over his face.

‘Why?’ Jesse grumbled as he rolled over wrapping himself in the quilt several times. ‘If you want me to move I need coffee,’ Jesse complained from the pillow his face was smothered in.

‘You’re so lazy Jesse. I made you coffee yesterday,’ I claimed as I tried to remove the quilt from around him.

‘And I made you coffee the morning before. I’m not moving then now leave me alone,’ Jesse stropped. I heard Geoffrey moving around in his bed.

‘Will you two stop flirting; I didn’t get much sleep last night,’ Geoffrey grunted from his bed.

‘We are not flirting, you go make the God damned coffee,’ I urged as I sat up. Jesse warmth instantly left me and I wanted to cuddle up to him again. ‘Geoffrey be a good butler and make Jesse coffee, please,’ I questioned mimicking a child’s voice.

‘Forget it Charles, like you said. When we aren’t in the palace I’m not your butler, now get to work slave,’ Geoffrey mocked as he waved his hand at me pretending to shoo me. I groaned but I actually began to move.

‘Taking orders from a butler, I’m becoming such a soft touch,’ I mumbled to myself as I walked out of the bedroom.

                ‘Here is your coffee, Prince,’ I smiled as I handed Jesse the coffee with a little bow.

‘Good butler, now you may be dismissed,’ Jesse decided playing along. Geoffrey smirked as he watched us both.

‘Do you like being a butler?’ Geoffrey questioned me. I shook my head truthfully. ‘It’s not as bad when you get use to it, the worst part is looking after an annoying prince, I mean who wants to do that?’

‘Shut up, I’ll fire you,’ I threatened before smiling. ‘Now Geoffrey dear, Callie has left for school and Victoria and Daniel are at work, that means you need to make me breakfast,’ I smirked as I tried to wined him up.

‘Why don’t you do that yourself?’ Geoffrey questioned harshly as he pushed himself up from his mound of bed quilts.

‘Because I can’t cook, I doubt you want to see this house go up in flames.’

‘You’re a jerk, did you know that?’ Geoffrey groaned as he got out of bed. ‘You best come with to get pizza later.’

‘Whatever you say.’

                Jesse, Geoffrey and I were sat around a table in the back garden. We ordered pizza like Geoffrey had asked. ‘Does anyone want any cola?’ Geoffrey offered as he pushed the chair from underneath himself before walking over to the glass back door.

‘I’ll have some please,’ Jesse replied as Geoffrey left into the kitchen. Jesse smiled at me as Geoffrey walked away.

‘So...’ I dragged awkwardly. ‘When should we go back to Driftwood?’ I questioned trying to fill the silence.

‘The thing about that is, I’m not planning on going back to Driftwood,’ Jesse announced suddenly. I looked at him blankly before blinking my eyes a few times.