Nice to meet you

(Nick's suit above pic)

"It's not a horrible party, I just needed fresh air and I really love the beach too. I'm Jessica, my friends call me Jess." I stuck my hand out to make his aquantance. He lifted my hand and kissed it, "It's a pleasure to meet you Jessica. I'm Nicholas but my friends call me Nick."

Nick took my hand and led me to the beach. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm not thinking straight. I just pulled you away from the party. I don't even know if you came with anybody." He smiled at me sheepishly. I slipped off my heels held them in my hand and continued walking down the beach. "I'm here with someone but they will be fine for now."

"The tide always reminds me of the time I traveled to the west coast and seen the herd of wild horses running along the shore. I remember that year so well." I saw Nicks face grow dim, like he was remembering something bad.

I smile up at him, "I remember one summer I begged and pleaded with my parents to take me to the beach. They finally gave in and it was one of the best memories I have of them."

"You a doctor Jess?" Nick asked and I laughed. "No, I'm working on furthering my career now but I am no doctor."

Nick looked at me with his bright brown eyes as if wanting to hear more. Now in the light of the moon I could see him better. He was definitely taller than me with exquisite dark messy brown hair. He was very dreamy and handsom, obviously here with someone too. If he was single I would then wonder how a guy, that looks that good, managed to be single for even a day.

Snapping out of my thoughts I notice Nick pick something up from the sand. "Hey look Jess," Nick says holding up a perfect looking seashell with one little broken piece that made a small jagged hole at the top. He placed the shell in his jacket pocket and smiled.

I loved how he appreciated little things, like I did. I was a sucker for the little things in life. We were almost back to the mansion when Nick stops me. "I want to see you again Jess, not like a date but friends. I would like to get to know you better, I think we would make really great friends."

I smiled and agreed. We exchanged numbers and he walked me into the mansion. I found Sydney and Chloe setting in the foyer one on each side of the room talking to a couple of really cute guys.

When I turned around I didn't see Nick. It didn't bother me that he asked me to go out with him as a friend. I respected him for that, not wanting to jump into a relationship with someone he just met. Plus I wasn't ready for anything serious just yet.

My phone buzzed in my pocket as we were leaving. It was Nick :"I had fun tonight, I will meet you for lunch tomorrow, then an event after, if your up for it."

I accepted his offer but this was different. It wasn't a date, I wondered if he was seeing anyone. I didn't trust anyone and I didn't want to be a homewrecker.

*********************

Please don't forget to vote 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Smash that star