Memories

I woke up to Nick shuffling around and blabbering something. I listened close but I still could not make out what he was saying. This was a bad idea, the last time he had a bad dream he called me freaking out. Oh no, I had to leave before he wakes up.

I know it was the middle of the night but I didn't want to be Nick's punching bag. Every time I tried to manage to get up he held me closer. I could feel his heart beeting rapidly. His face was starting to sweat. What did I get myself into. He asked for a friend and I go and sleep with him.

"Nooo!" Nick screamed out while setting up quickly in the bed. He gasped for air and looked around. Then his eyes widened as they landed on me. I started to breath hard and held my chest trying to keep my heart from pounding out of it.

"I should go, Nick. I'm so sorry is there anything I can do for you before I go?" Concern engulfed my face there was no hiding it. He grabbed one of my arms tightly.

"There is one thing..."His voice sounding a little shaky. He pulled me close and slowly kissed my lips. His hand grazing my face. "Stay," he whispered. My voice was hitched in my throat. I was not expecting that. I only shook my head because I was speechless.

"Come with me Jess." He said motioning for me to follow him. I followed him upstairs into a pink room obviously decorated for a little girl. The whole room theme was done up with princess decor. Then it dawned on me...It was in his daughters room.

A tear trickled down my face as I picked up a soft pink teddy bear. I couldn't imagine what he was feeling. Having lost the people, the family that he cared so much about.

"Her name was Kylie, she was just about to have her 4th birthday. She loved everything princess, so I made an appoint to get her whatever she wanted. You would have loved her Jess, she was the sweetest little girl." His voice shaky again but this time tears fell down his pained face.

"There was a vehicle accident. She was in a coma for 2 months. The doctors told me she was brain dead and she wouldn't last through the rest of the night." Tears were now falling like rain from both our faces now.

"I don't know if I was selfish keeping her on life support but I couldn't bring myself to let her go. I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision, she made it herself. It was 3am that morning she took her final breaths. That day I lost everything. She was my whole world, Jess."

Nick handed me a picture of Kylie. She had dark messy brown hair like his. It was amazing actually, she looked just like him. She was like looking at a porcelain doll. I smiled putting the picture on her dresser.

He smiled back at me and we left the room. "Oh I have something for you. Stay here..." Nick walked down the hallway into the last room at the end. He came out quickly holding something in his hand.

"This is for you Jess." Holding out his hand, he held a seashell with a gold chain necklace attached. Coming into realization, this was the seashell he found the night we met. He made it into a necklace for me. "Nick, I don't know what to say."

Nick put it around my neck and latched it. "You could tell me how amazing I am or that I have great hair or a nice butt." We both laughed out loud. "Thank you Nicholas. Your very kind and if I could take back what happened I would. If I could take away all your pain, I would."

He lifted my face, "when your here Jess, you do take that pain away. I'm never going to stop wanting her life back, but the pain does lesson. You lesson my pain Jessica." He crashed his lips to mine once more pulling me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.

I wondered what happened to his wife. He may not be ready to tell me everything yet.

*********************

Thank you all for reading...like or comment

Can shattered hearts be mended✔(Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara