Rock bottom

I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon. Was he cooking breakfast for me? Nick was literally one of the sweetest guys I ever met. I walked in his kitchen having only his shirt and my thongs on.

"Good morning, Jess. Don't you look stunning in the morning." I blushed trying to hide it. "Thank you for all of this. You really are one of the nicest guys I have ever met." He looked at me confused.

"Guys are jerks, if they had a chance with you and screwed it up, they are the ones that are at a huge loss." He said as he sat a plate in front of me. It looked delicious and I was starving. Making love to this man could drain any women. He was amazing in the bed making me not want to get up and enter back into reality.

I heard a phone buzzing then I noticed it was his. Sat there picking at my breakfast as he talked walking into the other room but I could still hear.

"No, I thought I told you never to call. I'm empty, there is nothing I can do for you." A couple seconds pass and he raises his voice, "No, there is nothing to work out. Your what? Here, now." I heard knocks at the door. Nick yelled out a loud curse word.

He ran in the kitchen and took my arm. "You have to go, now." He pulled me by my arm. I grabbed my clothes and purse on the way out the back door. More knocks on the door and a women's voice, "Nicholas, open this door. I'm not leaving till you open up, now." More knocks...

"Who is she, Nick?" I whisper. Before closing the door in my face he said, "She is my wife." I stood there for a moment trying to gather my thoughts, feeling my heart shatter to pieces in my chest. I heard screams and yelling on the inside but I left quickly not wanting to be in the middle of it. Kind of in the middle of things already having just slept with a married man. I was a skank, a homewrecker, a destroyer of a marriage.

I wiped the tears from my face and caught a cab. How could I be so stupid. Why didn't he ever mention her. I'm not that kind of person. Yeah, I knew he was with Ashley and felt bad for it but it all happened so fast.

I checked my phone, texts from Sydney, Chloe and Jake. Sydney:"I saw the hottie you left with, do catch us up soon!" Chloe's kind of said the same thing. Jakes text read:"Jess, I have given you time. I told you that I don't take rejection well. So I'm giving you one more chance, text me back and let's work things out."

I wanted to text him back saying move on already and leave me alone but I didnt. I had a lot on my mind right now and he was the last thing I was worried about.

It was getting late and I needed some fresh air. I thought I would take a walk to clear my head. I did receive a text from Nick saying he wanted to talk, right now, but I didn't respond.

I had been a complete fool for even thinking he was different. My phone buzzed again but I just kept walking putting my phone on silent. I did see that it was Nick again trying to call.

I tried to avoid the dark alley ways but it was impossible. I had to walk past them but I would keep my head down and walk really fast past.

Suddenly I felt someone grabbing me from behind, my mouth was covered and a strange smell was seeping out of whatever was covering my face. I didn't even have a chance to feel fear quickly seeing spots. Then everything was black.