Bar Games

The week was going by slow but I enjoyed the time I spent with my patients. They always seemed to make me happy. All the meds that made them feel bad and they still managed a smile, how could I not. Nick crossed my mind from time to time but I managed to think of something else.

The girls and I hung out during the week. They think I was too hard on Nick, given the situation at hand. I told them it was three a.m. in the morning and I was kind of frustrated with him.

Jake texted me a lot during the week. I thought the roses he sent that only said "sorry" on the card was a sweet gesture but that still didn't make me want to be with him. Sydney and Chloe wouldn't let me live those roses down but they didn't want me to be back with Jake either, saying that I was happier without him.

Friday finally came and the girls and I were going out. I put on the sexiest black lace dress I had. Walking out of the door I felt my phone buzz. Nick was texting me:"I need to talk to you."

I didn't text back not wanting to get involved again. This was probably for the best. I really liked Nick and wanted him to be back to his normal self, whoever that was but he had problems. I couldn't mend a broken heart.

We arrived at a popular slamming club in downtown. Sydney had relations with the bouncer so she always got us right in without having to wait in that mile long line. You could tell he still liked her, he always smacked her bum as we walked in and she would laugh out a high pitched laugh.

The girls headed for the dance floor, like usual. I headed for the bar and ordered a shot of patron. Lucky for me they had a really funny bar game going on and they dealt me in. I laughed my head off and after a few more shots I would really be laughing.

My phone started buzzing, Nick was calling. I answered, slurring my words a tad, "Helllllo Nick, I'm kind of in the middle of something." "Jess, where are you? Your in a club from the sound of the music, your...." He hung up.

Whatever, I continued to play, taking another shot. The guys setting on my right kept trying to put his hand on my leg. I kept moving it off and giving him a scowl each time. I told him I wasn't here for a quick hook up and he laughed at me saying, "why not babe?"

He looked like a real creep too, but I could handle myself. I started laughing again due to the hilarious sayings if the game. He grabbed my leg again and before I could push him off again, I heard Nick behind me. "Is he bothering you, Jess?"

My heart started pounding in my chest, my face felt flushed. "Nick, what are you doing here?" He grabbed my arm pulling me away from the bar. "I'm here drinking in the mvp room with some of the guys from work and when I called you I heard the loud music. The same music I heard so I knew you were here too. Why haven't you talked to me Jess, I said I was sorry."

"That's weird..." I laughed and stumbled around almost tripping and falling on my face but Nick caught me. "I didn't get the message from you saying your sorry. What Nick, I can't fix your broken heart, why me?"

What was I saying, right now I missed Nick around, even though we only hung out one weekend. He was a really fun guy to be around and his smile was worth looking at. Hell, he was all worth looking at.

Nick pulling me out of my thoughts he said, "Come with me." My hand in his he led me upstairs. He was a bit of a control freak. The lighting up here was a dark purple neon and music lessoned in its loudness up here.

"What's the next step? Step one, you wanted me to start laughing again. You acomplished that last weekend. Step 2 is...." Was he serious...I'm no shrink. I did take so many phycology classes which helped me to help others but I'm not a professional.

"Nick..." He interupted me,"Jess the roses that said sorry should be better than a text. Step 2..." I gasped with my hand over my mouth. Those beautiful roses were from him.

"Step 2, break your shell and go talk to someone, a woman. You need to make sure to keep in mind she is not a piece of meat. Ask her out on a proper date and do not take her home tonight. Think you can manage that one?"

I just thought maybe in the past he felt guilty because he treated those women like a one night stand. He should feel guilty! Maybe if he can break his shell and move on properly, he will feel better about his life.

*********************

#like
#comment 😊