Bringing in the New Year

(Nick above in pic)

Nick and I met up for breakfast that morning at the diner close by. I didn't really get into my personal life while I was around Nick. He had a lot to deal with, without hearing about all my problems.

He went on and on about his date with Ashley, how she made him laugh and get his mind off everything. Which was great but I was lost in my own little world. All I could see when I looked at him was his ripped hot body over me naked in my dream. In my mind I felt like such a perv. I needed to be happy for Nick. Him being able to move on with his life is a huge step.

"I'm really glad you had a good time, Nick." Smiling at him fakely. The things he would say about her was really sweet and the way he explained their happiness, how they just clicked.

"Jess, let's celebrate tonight. After all it is New Years." I did remember New Years, Chloe and Sydney had been texting me all day about this party they were going to.

"Yea...ok. What do you have in mind?" My eyebrows raised at him. He smiled, "meet me outside your place at 7. I will pick you up, be ready, oh and Jess don't wear anything super fancy."

I wondered all day where we were going. I didnt want to under dress but it wasnt like this was a date. Although I wouldnt mind dating him. He is really a great guy, just with alot of problems. Like the ones I always go for anyways. I was ready by 7 on the dot and stood outside for Nick. We took a short drive to the back entrance of a hospital.

He grabbed a badge out of the glove compartment and a backpack out of the backseat. I'm assuming he works here. He drug me in an old elevator shoot that looked like it hadn't been used in years. Is this the staff elevator, I wondered.

I was then pulled up several flights of stairs. He pulled out his badge in front of a rusty old door. He swiped his badge and opened the door to the rooftop.

"Nick, I'm speachless. This is so amazing." I felt my heart pounding again as I spun around on the rooftop with my arms out, I laughed a little. I felt a tad dizzy but as I started to stumble, Nick put his arm out, "be careful, Jess."

I looked around taking in the view. I could see the whole city, everything. It was truly a sight to see. I lived here this whole time and never knew this place looked this amazing from the sky til now. I take out my phone and start taking pictures, this is a perfect background pic.

I turned my camera till it was on Nick. He was totally a great background pic, looking like something that just crawled out of a magazine. I snapped some pictures of him over the city and to my surprise, he actually posed in them. They were more of the funnier poses, which was hilarious.

Then he came up and swooped around my body taking my phone in self mode and snapped a few pictures of us above the city. They were all really good pics thanks to my wonderful camera phone and he looked amazing.

He opened his backpack and took out 2 big red flannel blankets. One he took and spread over the ground close to the edge of the building. The next one he lay over the other and it wrinkled at the end.

He took out a champagne bottle and 2 wine glasses. He sat down and pulled the covers over his legs. He looked up at me like, what are you waiting for. So I sat and covered with the blanket.

I was dying inside, this was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me, even if he was a friend. If he hadn't been trying to read my emotions since we got up here, I would be jaw dropped and freaking out. I'm trying to hold all the exitement inside, trying to keep calm and not looking like an idiot.

He handed me a glass and dinged my glass making a toast. "Here's to new begginings." We both drink in sync. I started to hear fireworks going off all around. Looking around the city watching the sky light up in bursts of all different colors.

"Did you plan this?" My eyebrow raised. "I did plan this, but I planned it for Ashley, but she wanted to go to some party tonight with her girlfriends. She wanted me to go with her but I just don't really want to be around a bunch of people tonight. I don't want to be alone either. I think it was fate, how we met eachother. God knew I needed a friend and your a really good one. Being here for me while I go through the motions. I'm surprised you didn't turn and run from me that day, I told you everything."

"I did turn and run but your pretty pursuasive. You still have yet to tell me your story Nick, but I'm sure you will when you feel comfortable talking about it." His face saddened a little. "This is amazing by the way. I'm doing everything in my power to not scream right now about how awesome this is." He smiled his crooked smile.

I'm glad because I didn't want to ruin the night with a bad memory. A few glasses later, we talked a little about me. Nick told me friendship is a 2 way street. We both have to confide in the other. I told him a little about my family and some about Jake.

I could hear the whole city counting down the last seconds brining in the New Year. I clapped and bounced in one place like a little girl, exited to bring in the new year with my new found friend. It was fate, we both did need a friend. Of course I had friends but they liked crowds. I was happy to be right here.

I caught a glimpse of Nick starring at me in my pariferal vison. I gave into his intense stare, our eyes meeting. Tingling went up my spine and my heart pounded harder.

3....2....1
Before I knew it Nick's lips crashed into mine.

*********************

Show me some love... hit that like or comment