The unexpected

(Pic of Emily)

Nick's POV:

I felt like a low life sending Jessica out of the back door and having her find out about Emily like this. I hated myself for being married to Emily. If I never met her, my life would not have a tragic story. I would not have pain deep in my heart everyday.

"What do you want Emily?" Letting her in my house. She pushed past me. I tried not to give her a second look. She was just a terrible reminder of that day. The day I never wanted to remember.

"You don't return my calls, for all I know you are setting in here dead. It's time to work this out, let's try again. Let's be a family again Nick." The more she begged the more I hated her for coming here, asking me to start a family with her again. If anybody knew how irresponsible she was, no one would want a family with her.

Still not making contact with her, "Is this why you haven't signed the divorce papers yet. Women, you are clinging to a life that's dead and gone. I have nothing left to give you, no affection, no passion, it's not here for you anymore. Are you looking for some kind of closure. Your looking in the wrong place for that, Emily."

"Nick, You know what happened was an accident. It hurts me everyday of my life too. I'm trying to move on...with you. I need you...I need you to let me have your child. I can't move on, I need her back." Emily collapsed to the floor in front of me crying.

I couldn't give her what she wanted. I never wanted that, she needed to move on in her own way, not with me ever. How could she come here and put this anxiety on me again.

Before I could say anything she stood up and her lips were on mine. I kissed her back but her lips felt cold and the kiss was dull. It was nothing like kissing Jessica. Her warm soft lips touched my lips. She had a strong hold on me and she did things to me emotionally that I couldn't explain.

I pulled away from the lame kiss and finally looking Emily in her eyes, "sign the papers or I will find a lawyer to finalize. There is nothing here for us anymore, she is dead and gone Emily. Kylie is never coming back. Move on with your life, make better choices." I held the door open for her to leave. I felt horrible, she was feeling the kind of pain that I would never know. Kylie got hit by a vehicle while trying to retrieve her ball, while Emily was gardening and talking on her cell phone. She should have been watching her, Kylie was only 3. Rage fired me up and when Emily finally left I had to take a walk to cool down.

I could only imagine what Jessica thought about me now. She probably hated my guts. Thinking that stupid jerk, Nick. What have I done. I had to make things right.

It had been 3 hours now since I had texted Jess. I would call her to explain myself. So I rang a man answered. I took a deep breath, "where's Jessica? It's important, I need to speak with her." The man laughed a little and said, "Listen how about you call her later. We are kind of, right in the middle of something." He laughed once more and hung up the phone.

What! It didn't take her long to get over somebody. Wow, that hurts! I really like her and I thought she liked me some too. I thought we had something but the unexpected, is expected in my life.

*********************
Don't forget to vote 🌟