This is just the beginning

Nick's POV:

There were 3 police officers standing over me as I woke. I rubbed my head a little and winced setting up in the bed. Shoulder still in pain. I told them everything all the way back to the moment Jess and I met.

They were all really cool guys who told me I was an idiot if I didn't get the girl in the end. They told me they have Jake in custody but Emily made bail. She was truly a phyco. I explained about the cup and they laughed but they said they did not see any cup at the crime scene when they took her into custody.

I had to see Jess. So the police officers loaded me up in a wheelchair and wheeled me down to her room. Flashbacks went through my head. She wasn't on any life support, thank God. She was bandaged up all over. A cast on her left arm and her left foot hanging from the bed with pins in it.

I heard the officers walk out of the room closing the door behind them. What if she didn't remember me when she woke up. What if she didn't wake up. My stomach was in knots. I put my head down in my hands, lost in thought.

I felt something touch my arm, I looked up to her beautiful face looking at me. "Your alive," She cried out, tears covering her face. I jumped up gently touching her in spots that wasn't bandaged.

She remembered me and she was concerned about me, even when she was the one that was in a half body cast. I told her what the cops told me about Jake and Emily. She was horrified about Emily being out but really happy Jake was in jail.

I sat there and spilled my whole tragic story to Jess. Everything not leaving out one detail. I told her I think Emily got what she wanted and left, telling her also about how the cops never found the cup.

Jess healed and I healed. We cherished eachother and never took a single second for granted. I broke things off with Ashley immediately, in a kind sort of way.
I asked Jess to marry me 6 months after the incident and she said yes.
It was a really romantic proposal. On the rooftop of the skyscrapper hospital where we spent new years together and made love. I had hired musicians to play music while we danced. A waiter who served us dinner at a table we sat up. It was a breathtaking view I have to admit.

I hadn't heard from Emily and Jess hasn't heard from Jake. We were putting all of the bad in the past. Jessica convinced me to put pictures of Kylie on the walls. It helped me more than she could ever know.

She was truly meant for me. I would be just as crazy as Emily if she wouldn't have come along. I owed her so much. I plan to give her a great life before we had children. We would travel the world.

*********************
#vote