Roller Coaster Life

(Nick's pic above)

Nick's POV:

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket hoping it was Jess. It wasnt, it was Emily. I wouldn't have read it but the word came across my screen, URGENT.

Emily:"I see how it's going to be. Well, I don't care if you want to have a family with me anymore. I still need my child back. If you cooperate, I will make sure Jessica stays safe."

My heart dropped in my chest. What had I done? What did I get her involved in. I couldn't let anything happen to her, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I texted back:"EMILY, WHERE IS SHE!!! IF YOU HURT HER, YOU WILL ONLY FEEL MORE PAIN. DON'T DO THIS!" I paced in the street waiting for a response.

A couple seconds she texted back:"Nick, the whole time you blamed me for Kylie's death instead of comforting me when I needed you the most. Don't make threats to me, there is nothing you can do to hurt me. Here is what your going to do to get Jessica back.
1.Need a sterile cup
2.Need your babies in the cup
3.BRING IT TO ME
I need this by noon tomorrow or you won't ever see her again. I still love you Nick and I hate that it had to be this way."

My life was again spinning out of control. I hated Emily, she took every piece of my life and kept me under her thumb. She was a she devil, a monster. I thought I had problems but she had so many more issues going on up there in her brain.

I pray that Jessica is ok. Where do they have her? Is she being tortured? Have they hurt her or worse. How did all this happen? I was selfish for bringing her onto this roller-coaster I call my life.

I went to the pharmacy and bought a sterile cup. I hated for what came next. How was I going to do this under pressure? All I wanted to do right now was find Jessica safe.

I texted Emily, "It is done! Even exchange, Jessica for this cup, no other negotiations." I waited a couple minutes pulling my hair out by the anticipation.

Emily texted:"Even trade, meet me on the corner of 5th and main in the alley, in 5 minutes, alone or else." 5 minutes, that's great the sooner the better.

I was there in 3 minutes with my bag in one hand. I seen her SUV pull in behind my car. I seen a tall guy get out of the back walking to this side of the car. He was pulling someone out of the back with a blind fold over their eyes. It's Jessica, they better not have hurt her or done anything to her, I would kill them.

She fought the man but he just smiled and kept pulling her. Emily walks up closer, "It's in the bag?" I opened it in disgust showing her it was there.

"Even trade Emily, tell him to let her go and I will hand this over." I could hear Jessica crying out for me, fighting back. They definitely had something in her mouth because her sounds were baffled.

Emily raised a handgun up at me, with her hand out. "Give me the babies. I promised Jake here that he could have Jessica if he helped me and he agreed. It was a perfect arrangement, win win, you see. I know, I lied. I'm not the same women you married, Nick. There is an emptiness in my life that can only be filled with one thing. I will have another girl, name her Kylie. She will look just like you, just like Kylie." A tear fell from her face, her shaky hands still held the gun pointing at me.

*********************
Don't forget to vote