Strange dreams and reality

(Jess in pic)

Nick managed to find a gorgeous blonde, talk to her for a bit and ask her on a real date. Which they were going on tomorrow. I was happy for him and so I would do everything in my power to help him.

The next day I was over at Nick's house helping him get ready. He had a very big modern house. No pictures of any family on the wall. No pictures at all. I wanted to see what his family looked like, I was very curious about this past Nick was trying to bury.

He looked very handsom, very droolworthy. I was glad I was helping him finally be able to move on with his life. No one needs to be in pain everyday. Nick had the biggest smile on his face, while adjusting his tie.

He dropped me off at my horrible place before picking his date up. He seemed happy and in a good mood, singing along with the radio and laughing at me dancing.

"You are going to have a great time, Nick. Don't think just act and don't sleep with her yet." He had to date her for a little while, otherwise I had a feeling she would be another part of his past he just wanted to forget.

I had some popcorn and watched a chick flick before heading to bed. I lay there in bed hoping his date went well as I drift off into sleep.

******************************Suddenly I felt hands on my face, my eyes flew open but it was dark. A man like shadow hovered above me but I was not afraid, for some reason. The touch of the hand was so calm and gentle. His finger trailed down my body between my breast and down to my navel. I realized I was naked and so was he. When his hand reached the top of my thongs he griped the material hard. Leaning his body down into the moonlight coming in for a kiss.

Oh my, it was his face, it was him. I took a deep breath in and my heart pounding his lips crashed into mine.

******************************
I threw myself up in the bed looking around frantically, breathing hard and my heart still pounding in my chest. It was only a dream. I giggled aloud, glad it was only a dream.

I couldn't sleep after that so I went to the coffee shop right around the corner. Setting there I thought about Hope. She had a hard week this week. With her refusing the medication she's only got worse. There was still so much left she wanted to do. All of those kids, I prayed for.

My phone buzzed, it's late, I wonder. A text from Nick:"I had a great time tonight with Ashley, Jess. Thank you for helping me with this dating thing. I'm starting to feel like a human being again. I owe you!" I pretended not to feel weird with the whole crazy dream about Nick ealier. I was still really freaked out by it.

I smiled and sipped my latte. Feeling content with the way everything turned out I started walking back to my apartment. I always got super paranoid when walking home. It gave me the creeps and chills.

A dark car slowly creped up behind me. My heart pounded but not the good pounding. I could hear the window rolling down. I was almost home, I walked a bit faster but then I hear the car stop and a door shut. I started to run but I felt big arms wrap around me tight.

Before I could scream he whispered, "Jess, Jess calm down. It's me Jake." I turn around slapping him in the arm hard full of rage. "You jerk, you nearly scared the life out of me." I took a deep breath relieved.

"I needed to talk to you and you weren't returning any of my messages. So I went by your house, you weren't there. Down the road I saw you walking so I turned around. Jess why won't you forgive me?"

"I forgive you Jake, but I don't want to get back together. I have a lot going on right now and I'm not getting back into this, whatever this is," hand gesturing between us.

He looked up with his big sad blue eyes, "Jess, I will not take no for an answer. Give me a chance to the be the man that you want me to be. The man I want to be, I want us back, Jess."

He stood in front of me holding both my shoulders, "Just think about it, I need you back in my life." He turned and walked back to his car and drove off staring at me intensely.

*********************
Don't forget to vote 🌟