Chapter II

Levi wasn't a morning person. Never will be neither. And especially today, the raven haired man didn't, in any way possible, feel like to encounter his office again. Because this day was the famous day the Wings of Freedom™ finally surpassed the concurrence, the Military Titans™.

He perfectly predicted the fact that bottles of champagne would pop in victory. This lame advance over the other company wasn't a reason to lack in work. But considering how careless he was, he wouldn't mind ditching work if getting drunk was the only thing planned today.

No damn way. Levi was persuaded that everyone's paycheck would augment due to the surpass. That was the only thing that motivated him out of bed.

His feet made contact with the chilly wooden floor, his grey lenses locked with the window that displayed the colorful trees on his field, whilst his harsh hand tousled his raven locks. Oh how bad he wanted to lay in bed and sip his slightly honeyed tea.

Talking about tea...

A single husky sigh emitted from the male as he stepped into the cooking room, taking his time to heat the water. Beside the cleaning obsession, making tea was the only thing he actually cared about doing.

"God I hate Thursdays."

You know that feeling when you think it's Friday but eventually your asshole of a consciousness brings you down and reminds you that it's Thursday?
That's exactly why he hated Thursdays. Whatever. He hated everyday of the week. Except Saturday. Yeah, Saturday was the best.

He took his time. He didn't feel like rushing to work. He wanted to take as much time as possible away from the celebrating building. No way he was gonna endure Hanji & her crazy ass stories.

Talking about her, he always had that urge to slam her face against the wall till her nose enters her brain. He hated her like that.

He chased her sadistic smirk out of his head and headed to the bathroom. Levi couldn't pass a day without taking a shower at least twice a day. Self esteem was important.

As if the devil wanted his head, the phone rang as soon as he was completely soaked under the spraying water.

"Fuck it. Must be Hanji. Again."

After a few rings, her devilish alike voice echoed through the house, making Levi's face turn into a deep deadpanned expression.

The receiver let out the message, at the huge deception of the clean freak.

"HEYYYYY LEEEVIIIIIIIIII!!! GET YOUR ASS HERE, EVERYONE'S ALREADY TURNING UPP!! WOO, OH DAMN THAT SHITS GOOD - ANYWAYS SHORTYYYYY HUUUUURRYYYYYY UUUUUUP FORRR MEEEEE OORR ILL COME & PICK YOU UP MYSEELFFF HEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHH!! - *BEEP* End of message."

The sight of her just bringing her sadistic ass over his own place made him step out of the shower immediately. He barely washed his body, he didn't really care at this point.

He was gonna kill Hanji, one way or another.

The man swiftly dried his raven locks, and grabbed onto his usual suit. He didn't even try to look 'good' for today's festivity. He was naturally good looking. He knew it.
( 😏 )

He stepped out of the bathroom, all fleek & clean. Levi hurried to head for his boiling tea, he was impatient to allow the warm liquid slide down his throat.

He poured the heated water in a porcelain cup, adding the flavour & the two tea spoons of honey. Oh how he liked tea. The only thing that kept him awake, beside caffeine.

The male finished his cup and headed outside, after swiftly putting his fancy shoes on. (Yes, Levi was a pretty fancy business man.)

He got a grab of his car & house keys, and stepped out. He hummed the fresh, cold air of fall & exhaled. It allowed him to relax a little.

He entered his fancy, dark B&W. The white leather was flawless. Not a single stain, scratch nor anything of the sort.

After a good 20 minutes of rolling through the streets, he parked his car in front of the huge business building, with the gigantic Wings of Freedom logo on the top of the front door.

He simple sighed, locked his car and engaged inside. How bad he wished to stay outside.

"SHORTYYYY~", Hanji's voice echoed as soon as he stepped into the reception room.

He chose to not answer, it would simply initiate her to keep talking. She kept talking either way. He should've predicted it.

"Oi, LeevIIIII ACKER-" she was interrupted by Levi's husky groan.

"Would you shut the hell up, no need to yell, I ain't deaf."

"Hello Levi, how are you?", Petra's soothing voice cooled him down.

"Good, thanks for asking."

"Sir Ackerman, what an amazing sight I have here!"

"Mm?", he stated, confused of the provenance of the manly voice.

"Oh hi there, director Smith!", Hanji replied at Levi's place, at his annoy. He even asked himself how isn't she fired yet.

"Oh, hey Erwin.", Levi muttered, but the superior noticed.

"You seem in a bad mood, why won't you go and have some fun with your colleagues?", Erwin's large arm side-embraced the vice-president, which caused Levi to grunt a little. Every damn day, he said the same thing. Every. Damn. Day.

Since the short male didn't say anything, - and he didn't even feel like staying in this living zoo - the director began his usual long ass speech about how great we were working out asses off and how proud he is and blah blah BLAH.

Levi's head laid into his palm, his body was here but his mind was somewhere else. In his bed, sipping a honeyed flavoured tea with some French classical music playing into his ears.

He snapped out of his day dream when Hanji popped behind him and whispered;

"Oi, vice-president, have you tasted the new Wendy's burger? Apparently it's -" she was cut off.

"Shut your trap, shitty glasses, before I smack your face on this very table till you look like a pig. Oh wait, you already look like one."

That must've been a mistake Levi didn't see coming. Hanji was a snitch. An awful snitch.

"HEY, THAT WASN'T VERY NICE! MISTER SMIIITH, SHORTY SAID I LOOKED LIKE A-"

Levi, still put on his chair, raised his hand and grabbed the woman's collar. He brought her face closer to his and threw her a stabbing stare.

"Call me shorty one more fucking time, I'll murder you here and now."

Hanji locked her innocent eyes with Levi's, and after a few seconds she replied;

"Oi Levi, did you put some cologne this morning?"

He released her collar desperately.

'I should've stayed in bed.'