Chapter III

"4 AM."

My head urged out of bed, glaring at the noise that woke me up.
That damn partying building.

I lived in a small apartment to the side of the business tower. Thus everything that happened there was heard here. They needed to learn how to be a little more sneaky.

I grunted in annoy, I was aware that they were now the first best selling company, but to the point of celebrating till 4 AM...

I decided I'd be the one to stop the festivities. No one disturbs [F/N] in her sleep. No. One.

I jumped out of bed dizzily and grabbed a single coat. Didn't need to change. I was just going in there, shutting the shit off, and coming back to throw myself in bed.

I grabbed my keys, stepped out and locked the door behind me. I wasn't really afraid.

I was rather excited.

*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*

"I'm going out."

Levi only spoke, feeling a little dizzy with the scent of alcohol brushing against his nose. It was already this early, and he wasn't even out of this place. He wasn't even sure these drunk people would let him out. No matter, one way or another he would get into his bed once again.

"Oi shortyyy, where ya goin'?", Hanji held his shoulder as he got up, a bottle of wine dangling from her other hand.

The male's reaction was reflexive. He swiftly moved to the right, making the woman stumble.

"Haven't you heard? I'm going out.", he huskily replied, making his way through the crowd of drunken people, trying his best to not make contact with any of them. God knows what they have been doing.

He stepped into the elevator & pressed "RC". ('Rée de chaussée', in French, which means reception. Just a little teaching (^:)

Levi had no idea what kind of demon awaited him when he'll reach the desired floor.

*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*

After a good 5 minute walk, I reached the porch of the front door. At my deception, it required a membership card to access inside.

"Fuck.", I would mumble, as if I was gonna give up.

And I remembered my bed.

"There must be another entrance somewhere, of emergency or some sort."

As soon as I began to search, a shadow was seen inside. Most likely an employee.

Then I had an idea.

A dark, but not bad idea.

I quickly searched around for a hard object, and successfully found a rock large enough to knock out someone.

I was gonna put him down, and take his card.

My body hid behind a near tree, as I patiently awaited for my victim to emerge.

About 30 seconds past, when the manly, and rather short figure stepped outside.

For the first time, I hesitated. Was this really a good idea?

And my bed popped out again.

I emerged from my hide, and aimed the rock precisely for it to hit the back of his head.

Fuck.

He saw me.

The impressionably skilled man dodged to the left, which made the rock, that was supposed to hit his head, hit the ground instead.

"Damn it...", I whispered, looking up to him.

He was short, but I was shorter, which made me meet his dark gaze when I stared upwards.

He seemed pretty mad.

A huge silence stood between us, when he took out his cellphone and composed a number.

I was now sort of afraid.

"Hey, who do you think you're calling?!", I raised my tone, making sound cold.

"Police, who else.", he replied calmly, as if my menacing figure didn't do shit to him.

"W-wait!", I stuttered for the very first time in my life. What was wrong with him?

"You have five seconds to explain yourself, it's already ringing.", his husky voice echoed.

"Just enter this damn building and make these people shut the fuck up, I can't sleep," I mumbled, my head staring up at the sky desperately.

"I have to work tomorrow."

And then, I rushed to my house, not looking back.

*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*{*}*

"Hello? Hello? Someone there..?", the phone requested.

He took some time to understand what was that woman attempting. It was well thought, not bad. He had to admit, he almost got hit by the speed and silence the move was made. His work out sessions were working out. (Get it? Work out? Working out? No? Let me stop.)

He noticed the talking phone and brought it to his ear, and with his usual deep vocals, said;

"Nevermind."