ı 25 ı Truth or Death

"Me, myself, I got nothing too prove"

"THE FOOD was almost as wonderful as the company," Elijah says with his charming smile before heading off towards the living room.

"I like you!" Andie says with a childish smile, before walking back to the kitchen as I pretend to do dishes.

"Do you mind Jenna? I have to talk to my brother about something," I say, motioning towards the dirty dishes. I feel bad for leaving her to do them, but I know Andie is still going to be here. Plus, if there is such thing as a 'safe' place for Jenna to be right now, it was away from everyone else.

"Go ahead, we've got it. Thanks Blair," Jenna says with a smile. I nod and head towards the living room, not getting very far as my phone suddenly rings.

It's Stefan. I make sure to stick close to the kitchen so the sound of the faucet running can drown out prying ears.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Blair, listen to me. I know you know Damon plans to kill Elijah with the dagger, but you can't allow it," Stefan blurts out.

"Lucky for you, brother, I wasn't planning on letting him kill Elijah anyways. Why? What's your problem?" I ask curiously, wondering why Stefan is suddenly all team Elijah. I would've thought he'd be team Elena as per usual.

"If a vampire uses the dagger, they die as well. It can only be used by a human," Stefan explains.

"Okay, well that's okay. I hid it from Damon, so no one is using it against anyone tonight," I say.

I listen to the growing conversation from the living room, itching to become a part of it.

"No, Blair wait! Y-"

"Got to go Stef. Thanks for the warning," I say, cutting him off. I turn off my phone and continue walking towards the living room.

Damon is standing in front of the table with the bourbon on it with Alaric and John. James on the other hand stands by Elijah.

"Quite the collection you have here," Elijah says with his back turned to us, facing the wall. Damon looks up from the table with a confused look on his face.

He is looking for the dagger.

He looks up to me, scowling at the sight of a growing smirk I proudly display on my face. I turn and walk towards the dining room, hearing Damon follow closely behind.

"Where is it Blair?" he demands.

"Where's what?" I ask, leaning against one of the dining room chairs.

"Don't play stupid with me. The dagger? Where is it?" he whispers, cautious of the vampire ears in the other room. Thankfully Andie and Jenna doing the dishes allows for some loud background noise.

"Why should I tell you? Your plan is stupid, and it's putting us all in danger," I say in a hushed whisper.

"It needs to be done, and I thought you were on my side! "

"Yeah well that was before I realized it was a stupid ass plan," I say.

"Oh, so now you're gonna take James's side? Has he really brainwashed you with his looks?" he says, causing me to get angry.  "Now give it to me. Now."

"No," I say succinctly, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You're a piece of work. You know that?" he says, shaking his head.