ı 30 ı The Inevitable Truth

"What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way"

"THANK YOU," I say as I grab the bottle of tequila from behind the bar along with a shot glass.

The bartender stares at me, about to ask for my ID. "Really? This place has a terrible habit of letting underaged teens drink and you're going to question me?" I mumble. I reach across the bar to grab the collar of his shirt and pull him close. "You don't need to see my ID," I compel him.

I push him away and continue to pour myself a shot of tequila as I gaze at Elena and Bonnie who are dancing. Caroline was with me until Matt showed up. I'm pretty confident I know where they are considering they were making all lovey eyes at each other earlier.

"I'll have three of what she has," a man says, sitting down beside me. I looked over and realize it's Alaric.

"Hey Rick. What has life done to you that you need three shots of tequila to fix?" I ask, handing him the bottle of tequila.

"Girlfriend problems," he says succinctly, not wanting to elaborate on him and Jenna's current relationship status.

"Ah. Well, that is one of the reasons I am single," I say.

"What are the other reasons?" he asks.

"I'm annoying, I'm Damon's sister, and I've been in a tomb for the last 145 years," I say grimly.

"Well, we better drink to that," he says, sliding over another shot glass filled with tequila. I take it without hesitation, the two of us cheering the glasses together before downing the liquid poison. 

I don't quite know why considering how we met, but I like Alaric. He is normal yet has managed to get caught up in everything supernatural.  He has also lost so much but is still here, like the rest of us. I respect that, and respect him as a friend.

My phone rings and I pick it up before singling the bartender to fix us another drink.

"Hello Stefan," I greet.

"Blair, I need you to listen to me," he says in a hushed tone.

"Why is it that the only time you call me is to warn me?" I ask.

"Blair, I'm serious."

"As you always are. What do you want?"

"Luka, one of Elijah's witches is dead, and now his father is coming after Elena. I need you watch out for Elena for me until James and I get there."

I roll my eyes knowing once again my night is to be ruined by helping Elena. "Okay," I say. "But I'm doing this for you and not for Elena. Or Damon."

"Can I count on you to do this? For me Blair?" he asks desperately.

"Yes Stefan. I'm looking for her right now, okay?" I say, getting up.

"Okay. Thank you. I love you, you know that right?"

I hold back the urge to roll my eyes. "Yup. I know. Love you too, bye," I say, hanging up.

I take one more shot of tequila before turning to Rick, making it a total of five shots I've managed to chug down tonight.

"Keep an eye on Jenna. There's an angry witch coming for Elena, and I'm suppose to babysit," I say to him.

His face suddenly turns serious, regretting all of the shots he has had. My body is able to withstand more alcohol than his, so I reassure him. "I'll watch out for her too."