ı 38 ı Vampires, Werewolves, and Witches, Oh My!

"I will never win this game"

BLAIR POV

"No. He didn't," I say, not believing him. I don't want to let myself believe that Damon would force Elena into becoming a vampire, giving her no choice in the matter, especially since Stefan made him do the same thing all those years ago- so I'm told.

"When are you going to start realizing that Damon is capable of these things?" Stefan asks.

"Trust me Stefan, I know what Damon is capable of. I just don't know why he would do this to Elena, out of all people," I say quietly, knowing Stefan is on the edge.

"Because he's selfish," James says.

"Well, what are we going to do?" I ask. All of us are feeling defeated, Stefan especially at the moment.

"We're going to take this one step at a time, okay?" James says calmly, staring at Stefan as he hands us both a glass of blood. "We need to gain our strength."

I take it from him just as my phone rings, Damon's name flashing across the screen. "What do you want, Damon?" I say angrily.

"Blair, Klaus has taken Jenna, and he plans to use her as the vampire instead of Caroline," Damon says.

I glance over at Stefan and James, the two of them listening in. "Okay. We'll head to the Gilbert mansion now. Did you get Tyler to the tomb?" I ask.

"No, not quite. But we're fine. Talk to you later, got to go," he says before hanging up on me.

I down the rest of my cup before the four of us sprint to our cars, Elijah joining us.

∆ ∆ ∆

"So what's the plan?" I ask as the four of us enter the old, abandoned Gilbert house where Bonnie and Jeremy have been hiding out.

"Bonnie and Jeremy are researching a way to bring back Elena so she isn't a vampire," Stefan answers, not sounding hopeful.

"Okay, so what about Jenna?" I ask.

Stefan hesitates for a moment before turning to look at me with an expression I haven't seen before. "Spit it out, Stefan," I say.

"I'm going to offer Klaus a vampire he'd rather have," he says seriously.

I'm confused at first, but put all the pieces together. His lack of hope and his expression he wears as if he's a dead man walking. He's going to offer himself.

I shake my head. "You're joking right? Really? You?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Let's take a breather here, and think about what we're doing," James says calmly, putting himself between me and my twin.

"Stefan, you can't trade yourself! Imagine the pain you'll be putting Elena through! She won't want to live without you, and neither will I!" I shout, but Stefan shakes his head.

"We're out of options," Elijah says, speaking up.

I laugh. "What about you, huh? Can we trust you to follow through with this plan?" I ask.

"Blair, Klaus has taken away everything from me. Tonight, I am finally able to grasp it all back," Elijah says.

I shake my head, frustrated with the whole situation. Everything is so overwhelming, and I feel like I'm in a dream, a nightmare rather.