ı 36 ı History Boulevard

"Flame you came to me, fire meet gasoline"

˜ ˜ ˜ ˜

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I yelled out. I couldn't see anything, as a woven bag was over my head, blocking the view of everything except for the small flickering of a fire nearby. My voice trembled with confusion and fear as the only noise that filled this dark place I was in were screams, terror and cries from both men and women.

Suddenly the bag that was over my head was lifted off of me in one quick motion revealing a familiar face.

"Emily?" I asked in disbelief.

She didn't say anything, which scared me even more. She grabbed my head with her two hands and closed her eyes moving her lips as she chanted a spell.

Seconds later, Emily released me from her grasp, and opened her eyes looking at me with forgiveness and sadness. "Emily, where am I?" I asked.

She shook her head. "That isn't important right now. Listen to me Blair, I only have a few more seconds before they come back in to lock the door."

"What? What door?" I asked, my voice weak and scared.

"I have done everything that I can for now. You will get out of here someday, I promise. But for now, you have to stay strong," she said. Shouts came from behind us, and Emily got up.

"Emily! Don't leave me! Please!" I begged. She looked at me with tears in her eyes, something I never saw her with. Emily wasn't one to cry. She was strong, brave, and completely the opposite of me however she always told me I was the strong one. Emily came towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before placing the bag back on my head.

"Stay strong Blair," she said again. And with that, she was gone.

˜ ˜ ˜ ˜

"Blair?"

I jump awake at the sound of my name, looking around in a slight panic as it takes me a second to remember where I am.

"Hey, Blair. Are you okay?" Elena asks from beside me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I ask, yawning.

"You were talking in your sleep. I didn't know what to do, and you looked like you needed sleep so I just left you."

"Oh," I say, rubbing my eyes. "What was I saying?" I vaguely remember my dream, although I'm pretty sure it was an old memory instead.

"I couldn't make out all of what you were saying. All I heard was you mumble 'Emily'," Elena says.

"Oh," I say, not sure what I should say. "Why did you wake me?"

"It's Elijah. His fingers are finally starting to regain colour after waiting all night," Elena explains.

I turn my attention back to Elijah's body and find that the dark grey veins covering his body are starting to fade. They fade up his arm at an increasing speed sending fear down my spine.

Elijah suddenly jumps awake, his eyes opening wide as he gasps for breath. Elena and I both jump up as well, scared and unsure what to say. He lays there, his back arched upwards as his arms begin to make a disgusting cracking sound. He's healing all his broken bones.

He keeps moving and rolls over for a few seconds and then suddenly rolls onto his back again, his eyes closed. I take a step forwards and notice his cheeks have regained normal colour, and the rest of his body is normal as well. I bend down and place a hand on his arm gently in an attempt to wake him.