ı 41 ı Unexpected Explosions

"It doesn't matter where we take this road, but someone's gotta go"

I IGNORE  the cries of protest from Damon as he attempts to prevent me from going to Klaus, but with Alaric's help I manage to get out of the house.

Alaric doesn't question anything when I call him, partly because of the amount of alcohol in his body, making him not really care.

I thought my plan was good until I walk up to Alairc's apartment door, my hand raised as I prepare to knock. All my courage suddenly vanishes, disappearing into thin air.

I hear voices inside, one of them belonging to James.

I take a deep breath before I twist the doorknob, opening the door to a scene I was not expecting.

Katherine sits on the couch beside James while Klaus and Stefan sit across from each other at the kitchen bar.

All their eyes turn to me, and I immediately feel like turning around and running away, but I don't, knowing Damon's life is at stake.

Klaus's smirk disgusts me, but my attention is turned to Elijah's daggered body, lying on the floor. Out of surprise, I gasp, not expecting Elijah to be here. He betrayed us for Klaus, for his family yet Klaus had only betrayed him back.

That's the thing about betrayal I guess- it never comes from your enemies.

"Welcome Blair! Sorry about that. Brother trouble if you know what I mean," Klaus says.

I look up again to see James has gotten up from the couch, making his way over to me. "Blair, leave. Now," he orders.

"Oh please, James. Don't be so rude. Love, please come in. And shut the door if you don't mind, thank you," Klaus says.

James doesn't move, nor does he fight back which only confuses me. I never thought I'd see the day when Klaus and James were in a room together not trying to rip each other's heads off.

I do as Klaus says and close the door before I walk straight past him, pushing past his outstretched hand I refuse to take. I stand beside James who grabs a hold of my wrist, holding me close to him. 

Klaus notices his action, but doesn't acknowledge it.

"Blair love, why have you come?" he asks. If he wasn't such a murderer and a cold hearted person who stole my life from me, I would find his accent quite charming.

"I know you know about a cure, and I need it for my brother Damon," I say confidently.

"Ah, well James and Stefan have beat you to it. I honestly have no idea why you want to save that lying, selfish pig," he says.

"Because he's my family," I snap back.

"Ah, yes. You are snappy. I like it. I remembered you were like that," he says with a smirk.

"You see, I would remember too except you stole my memories," I say. "Now the cure. Where is it?"

He laughs. "Well, you just missed my little demonstration. Katherine?" he asks.

Katherine rolls her eyes and I try hard not to throw myself at her and rip her head off. She steps beside Klaus and offers him her hand. Klaus takes it and bites into her wrist, his eyes turning golden yellow like a werewolf and his fangs coming out like a vampire, his hybrid side coming to life.