Chapter 6

Graduation Day...

He calls my name and I nervously step up to him. He shakes my hand as he hands me the paper with a red ribbon tied around it. I turn to everyone and to my surprise, they give me a standing ovation. I spot Sara clapping so wildly and my parents faces are red and my mother is crying tears of joy. I hope. The clapping eventually dies down and I step off the stage and sit next to Sara and Cody.

" Did you see how much everyone clapped!" Sara excitedly whispers.

" Yeah. But why?" She raises an eyebrow.

" Remember three days ago?" A lightbulb flicks on in my head.

" Oh, yeah!" She giggles and I laugh a bit. Adam is next and when he gets handed his diploma, I can see his hand shaking from where we are at. And that's pretty far away from the stage.
Now, if you're wondering what happened three days ago, I'll tell you.

Three Days Ago...

As soon I step off the bus, I expect to be either pushed, laughed at or ignored. My eyes zip down to the ground and wait for it. I hear a distant laugh from Bianca and her group. So, I look up and see who they're picking on or hitting on. My eyes shift to her and, of course, she and her friends are flirting up a storm to Cody. Why him? I have two choices. One, walk away. And two, get Cody. I stand there for a couple of seconds and make up my mind. I walk towards Cody and the bullies, hearing the fake girls laughter. I am just ten meters away, when Emma walks by. She is a 'nerd' from what I've heard. I don't think she is though. She's just smart and has glasses, but is the schools nicest person. She just glances at the four people, consisting of Bianca, Liona, Kelley and Cody, that was a big mistake. Bianca catches her eye and I chuckle to myself, her face is redder than a tomato. She spins around and grabs Emma from her backpack, tugging her down to the concrete.

" Who do you think you are?! You can't just walk by me and my friends and Cody like that!" She nods and mumbles something.

" What was that? You're sorry?" I start walking towards them, waiting for it to happen. She raises her hand, with her palm towards the girl. She is just about to bring it down on her face, when I catch it. Her hand jerks back and I twist it behind her back. She whimpers in pain and I get in her face.

" Leave. Her. Alone." She smirks at me.

" Oh, look at you. Helping every poor little girl who gets in my way. It's their own fault." She scoffs.

" Bianca. You're so nasty." I snap at her. There is a lot of oo's echoing the crowd that formed around us, that I haven't even noticed. Her face scrunched up.

" Well, tell me how." She snaps.

" Well, when I called you on the phone once, I got an ear infection."

" Oh yeah? Well, your so gross. Thats why." 

" Bianca! That made no sense!" Someone yells from the crowd. They all eventually fade away and I shove her down to the ground.

" Just leave Emma and Cody alone." She flinches and nods. I stand up, brush my hands off on my jeans and walk towards Cody and Emma. They are just standing there. The last two watching.

" Thanks, Hayley," She steps forward.

" You didn't have to do that, you know." She side hugs me and walks inside the school.

" Bianca is probably going to tell the principal." I nod. We step into the hallway and a bunch of people smile and high five me, for some strange reason. One small, brunette girl hugged me!

" Thanks for standing up to Bianca. She is so mean to everyone but Cody," She pulls away from the hug.

" She likes him, you know!" She whispers. I nod. She walks back to her friend and Cody and I to our lockers. He switched to the one beside mine. We have become really good friends.