Chapter 12

" Hurry up, Hayley! It's time to go in five minutes!" Sara yelled from the hallway, her black heels clicking down the stairs.

" Okay, almost done! Just one more thing!" I called back. I apply some mascara and touch up my eyeshadow. Sara gave me an 'Extreme Makeover'. She put concealer, a bit of blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, a pair of black crystal earrings, and mascara. She wanted to put more stuff in my face, but this is already too much. I grab my new horse necklace Cody got me and put it on. I put the makeup away and walk down the hall, to the stairs, my shoes clipping and clopping like a horses' hoof on concrete. I happen to walk by a large mirror and check myself out. I'm being forced to wear that dress and those shoes. But, I don't look too bad. I walk out the door, not thinking that I needed my phone. I hop in her car, taking the front seat.

" Where did you get this car? It's a Mercedes. How did you come up with that type of money?" She smiles.

" My Parents and Daisy." She speeds up and pulls into Cody's driveway. When he first sees the car, he hesitates to hop in, but I roll my window down and wave.

" Sweet ride!" He says as he hops into the back seat of the black, matte car.

" Just don't get anything dirty. My parents would be pissed." She zooms up the driveway and onto the road, heading for Wes' place.
--------------
We finally pull into the jam-packed driveway, filled with trucks and cars. Sara always used this car to get a good parking spot and to attract attention. She cuts the engine and steps out, Cody and I do the same. We shut our doors and he drapes an arm around my shoulder. I catch many guys looking at me, which Cody scares off. Sara turns around and giggles, walking into the house.

" Well, this is gonna be fun." I mutter to Cody. He chuckles and we enter the house.

I get handed a beer by some guy and he walks back away. I eventually find Sara.

" Hayley, come with me to the games room!" She grabs my wrist and pulls me down the stairs. She pushes a door open and there are people playing truth or dare, beer pong, and a few other games that I don't seem to know. She sits me down in a chair and says she will be right back. I look around once more and see some guy passed out behind a couch. Jeez, what am I doing here? She returns with yet, another drink. She hands it to me and it stinks of alcohol. She grabs the bottom of the cup and tips it up.

" Bottoms up!" I drink it all and she soon walks away with some blonde guy. I spot Cody way across the room, talking to some guys. A black haired, green eyed guy walks up to me, takes my hand and sits me down on the couch at the game, truth or dare.

" Hayley! Wanna play?" Wes states. I nod, becoming trapped in the black haired guys arm. I uncomfortably sit in his arm, which is draped around my shoulder, watching Wes ask a guy something. I feel a pair of warm lips touch my neck, slowly working up to my chin. I lean away, slightly. I turn my head, about to say stop, but then he kisses me. Right on the lips. Not even three seconds later, he is pulled from the couch and thrown to the ground. Cody! Sara's eyes fly over to the scene and I shoot up. Cody throws a few punches at his face before being torn from beating his face in.

" What were you thinking, Blake?!" He yells. Blake, dizzily, stands and points a finger at me. Obviously drunk.

" Well, she is a very pretty girl. I don't know who wouldn't want to kiss her?" Cody's face turns even redder then it was before. I walk over to him and the two guys who were holding him let go, letting him hug me.

" Let's go." I whisper in his ear. Sara knows right away and follows us up the stairs. We exit the house and when we reach the car, I stop Sara from taking the drivers seat.

" You can't hold your drinks as well as I can. I'm driving." She nods, before quickly walking over to a bush, and hurling in the bush. She plucks a leaf off and wipes her mouth, walking back and taking her seat in the back. Cody is in the front, drinking from a water bottle I brought. One for each of us. Sara grabs one, opens her door and washes her mouth out. I start the car, the engine roaring.

" I've proved my point." I mutter, before driving out of that place. I look at the time on the car radio. 1:34 am. We've been there for three hours. Until we left.
--------------
I close my door to the car, waving goodbye to Sara as she enters her house, ever so quietly. I step up into my truck with Cody in the passenger seat, once more.

" Don't go to my place. My parents think I'm at Jack's house. You know, brown hair, grey eyes, tall?" I nod, pulling out of the driveway. Since her house is not far from my place, I don't need to hurry over to my house.
I drive on the gravel driveway as we quietly return home.

" We shouldn't go inside. The barn is empty, except for the horses." I enjoy sleeping in the barn. I always had sleepovers with Moonlight, my first horse. She was a Quarter horse, cross, Cob. She had a pretty dapple grey coat. I slept in her stall every time I was feeling sad, mad, lonely, confused or just needed sweet, horsey love. She died by accidentally eating foxglove. She was only 17 years old when she passed. We walk inside the barn, greeted with welcoming nickers.

" Pick a stall. Spring, Daisy or Rock?" I say, leaning against Blue's stall door. He wraps his head around my chest, pulling me towards him.

" I'll choose Spring, since it looks as though I can't enter his stall. Plus she is closer." I chuckle, scratching Blue's cheek. I pull away and open a box, containing three extra blankets and one pillow. I throw the pillow and a blanket at Cody. He catches them and raises an eyebrow.

" Don't you want the pillow?" I shake my head, entering Blue's stall.

" I got Blue." I lay down, covering my legs with the blankets, folding them under my legs so they aren't itchy. I rest my head on the stall door and hear the door unlock. Blue snorts, protectively, and eyes Cody as he approaches me.

" Goodnight, my sweet horse girl." He kisses my forehead and gets shoved out of the stall by Blue. His stall is actually not too dirty. Blue walks over and slowly lays down beside me. I stroke his neck, Blue lifts his head up and lays it down behind me. I lay on his neck and slowly drift off to sleep.

A/N
Hey, y'all! How's this chapter today? Even though it's 11:17 pm right now!:) Please vote! If you want, no pressure! Thanks!
-Acacia
P.S. The picture is her outfit to the party!