Chapter 7

Present Day...

Sara and I walk out of the girls bathroom and find our parents in the huge crowd of people. I eventually find them and they hug us, and congratulate us.

" I can't believe it! We don't have to go to school ever again!" Sara excitedly squeals.

" Well, collage. Remember?!" She starts jumping up and down.

" Oh. Yeah... Right." I turn to Adam, who is standing on the side , talking into his phone.

" Yeah, okay. Well, we can meet at my house, just bring your trailer. Okay, see ya." He turns around and turns his phone off, sees me and freezes.

" Uh, Hayley? What are you doing?" I cross my arms.

" Oh, just watching my brother sell his horse." His face turns a bright pink and his eyebrows fold over his eyes in a frown.

" Look, it's none of your business to confront me of selling my horse." He says, pointing at himself. I walk away and stick by Sara's side.
--------------
We finally get home and I bolt to my room and change into my new jeans and plaid shirt. I got forced to wear my blue dress to grad, so I feel so much better. I almost trip as I shuffle down the stairs and force my cowboy boots on. My parents and Adam are just getting in the door as I quickly sneak out the back. The barn welcomes me with sweet nickers as I flick the light on. Instead of going for a ride in the arena, I'm going for a trail ride. Spring is gulping down one last chug of water and open her stall door and I slip her black and white neck rein over her head and down her neck. I step by her side and spring up on her back. I press the rein on her neck and steer her towards the open barn door. 

Clucking my tongue, she trots out. I take the dense forest trail and use the last three remaining hours of daylight to guide me. I ask for a lope and she lopes through the trail, smoothly. I pull her to a stop and watch Cody walk down his porch steps and enter his barn. I kick Spring to a walk and follow him, secretly. He opens the stall to Moose and he nickers to us. Slightly weirded out, he looks at us. Then his expression changes to a very happy looking one.

" Hey, fellow grad!" He smiles a white, toothy grin.

" Hey!" He chuckles and slips Moose's bitless bridle on his dark grey face. He steps to Moose's side and swings on, grasping his mane tightly.

" Impressive." I praise. He smiles and clucks his tongue.

" Taught from the best!" He winks at me. Moose sniffs Spring friendly. And we turn for the trail.

" Wanna go for a trail ride?" He slyly asks. I half smile and nod.

" You bet!" He turns to the side and leads me into a different trail. Not even ten minutes into the trail, I hear the rushing of a waterfall. Cody continues to talk to me, from behind me. Spring trots out into a clearing and it's beautiful. A pretty big waterfall drapes over the mountain side, a big rock wall with an overhang. And I think I see a cave behind the waterfall! I turn to Cody and smile at him, he smiles back. I let Spring walk into the cool water, with me still on her golden back. Cody and Moose join and Moose drips his muzzle into the water for ten seconds, lifts his head and spits it at Spring. She shakes her head and paws the water, soaking Moose and his rider, Cody. He and I laugh and I trot Spring out of the water, jumping off and letting her loose. I hang her rein on a nearby, dead tree branch and Cody dismounts Moose, taking his bridle off and hanging it on the same branch. He sits beside me and sighs.

" Wanna go for a swim?" I chuckle to myself.

" But I didn't bring my bathing suit." I reply.

" So? Come on, it'll be fun!" He stands and lends me his hand, I grab it and stand. He turns around and closes his eyes.

" I won't look!" He says from in front of me. I shuffle behind a bush and strip, leaving on my underwear, and my long shirt. I run out of the bush and jump into the water, the cool freshness hits my skin and cools me down from this warm summer air.

" Geronimo!" Cody screams and jumps in behind me. He surfaces and I splash water in his face, he splashes me back.

" Hey!" I dive underwater and swim as far as I can, and I end up very close to shore. I sneak back on the sand and find a rope swing. I tip toe over and yank on it three times. It is okay to swing on, so I get in position and yell at the top of my lungs.

" Yee haw!" And swing, letting go and splashing into the water. Cody swims as fast as he can over.

" Hayley! I thought you drowned!" I laugh, almost swallowing some water.

" But I didn't!" We go back to shore and he and I take some last few swings, before laying in the sun. I turn over on my stomach and hear him shuffle up. I brush it away and let tiredness take over, almost putting me to sleep. After ten minutes, I flip over and stand. Not four feet away from me is Cody holding a bunch of flowers out to me behind a bunch of rocks that spell out; "Will You Be My Girlfriend?" I look up at him and his face is red, he's nervous. I smile and walk over to him, hugging him before he can say a word. I pull away and look into his dark green eyes and smile even more.

" Hayley Barnes. Ever since I've met you, when Bianca and her groups were picking on you, I've had a strong feeling for you. Yeah, we just met, but can we give it a try? You such are a nice, funny, sarcastic, pretty, witty, beautiful, amazing, did I mention beautiful girl that I would love to be my girlfriend." My cheeks flush red and a slight whimper escaped my mouth. I smile and bend down, grabbing some more rocks. When I finish, I stand up and dust my hands off. He looks at the bright coloured rocks and smiles. Are you wondering what I wrote? Well, I just wrote; ''Yes!" He turns his glance back to me and leans in. I lean in as well as when our lips touch, sparks fly. No, fireworks. When people say; " Oh, sparks fly when you kiss someone you love." It's true. You do feel something. I'm not lying! 

He pulls back and smiles again. We sit back down and watch the sun go down. I shiver, so I walk back to change back into my nice, warmer clothes. When I emerge from the bush, Cody has Moose's bridle on and is just slipping Springs neck rein over her head. I jump on her and he mounts Moose, the way I taught him. We gallop back, racing. I stop Spring and he kisses me goodnight and goodbye. I let Spring lope the way back and I let her walk the last two minutes. It is near dinner now and all I have to do is pull the neck rein over her head and brush her over once. After done all that, I walk into the empty house. The kitchen light is on and a note is taped to the fridge; 'Hayley, we just went to visit the stallion Sara's mom and I broke, I left you some pizza in the fridge. It's your favourite, cheese. Love you, Mom' I smile and open the fridge, scarfing down two pieces.

I finish brushing my teeth and hop into bed, thinking about today.
Wow. I graduated, became someone's girlfriend and had the time of my life. I've gotta tell Sara about this in the morning!

A/N
Hey guys! Tell me, how do you like this chapter?  Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!:)
-Acacia