Chapter 27

Cody stands, mouth dropped, in awe. I hug him and he chuckles.

" You... I love you!" He kisses me and we jump in his truck. He holds my hand with one, the other steering the truck.

" What's up?" He sneaks a glance, switching it back to the road.

" I feel over dressed! I don't even know where we're going!" " I laugh. He laughs with me and kisses my hand.

" Don't worry, you look beautiful. I know where we're going, though." He grins and turns down an unfamiliar road. I sigh and watch the trees fly past my window. The unexpected sun shines from behind the clouds and brightens up the valley. Cody pulls into a pretty nice place and shuts the truck off.

" We're here!" He jumps out and runs to my door, opening it. I smile and take his hand.

" Oh, thank you!"

" My pleasure." He closes the door and leads me up the stairs into the house. I walk in and get surprised by my dad, Sara, Tori, some school friends, and... Adam?!

" Surprise!" They yell. I jump and laugh, hugging them. Adam hugs me in his huge bear hug and kisses my head.

" Missed you! How is my little sis doing?" He asks.

" I just talked to you how many hours ago?" He shrugs his shoulders. I laugh and turn to dad.

" Where's mom?"

" Surgery." I nod, understanding. He takes me into the kitchen.

" Tour?" He asks. I nod and follow him outside. He points to a pretty big, red barn.

" There's the barn, it can hold 50 horses."

" Wow!" He continues behind the house and gestures to some pastures and a riding ring.

" There's the pastures and outdoor riding ring, there's another one behind the barn, indoor." He looks at me and smiles. I smile back to him and hug him. He walks with me towards the barn.

" This is all so awesome, but, who's place is it?" I ask. We enter the beautiful barn and a sign reads;
" To our beautiful Hayley, we hope you like it!" I stand in half shock half confusion.

" W-wait... Did y-you..." I slowly turn around to face dad. He grins more and nods. I throw myself to him, closing my arms in a hug around him.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I whisper. He chuckles.

" You can tour the place, with whoever you want right now. Unpack from our place whenever, no rush." I nod, speechless, and kiss his cheek. Cody and Adam join me for the 'Grand Tour' around, as Adam puts it. I excitedly rush into the big, sweet barn and into the tack room. It's huge! A large box sits in the middle and I open the card.

" It's from mom," I say out loud.

" My dear Hayley, I'm so sorry I couldn't make it! I hope you like your new house, barn and all the horsey stuff you need. Well, you do need grooming brushes and lead ropes, right?" I smirk and tear open the box. Inside, a pamphlet sits on top.
" Inclosed in this Box of Equestrian Needs; 4 lead ropes, 2 adjustable halters, 4 of all grooming equipment, 4 hoof picks, a horse sized fly mask, 5 hay nets, fly spray, show sheen, mane, tail and body shampoo and conditioner, a wash cloth, saddle soap, and a first aid kit. Please enjoy, and happy riding!" I laugh and place everything where it needs to go, in my eyes. I put the box to the side and pretend to dust my hands off.

" Okay, to the stalls?" I ask the boys. They nod and follow me. Beautiful stalls stand side by side, empty and dusty. They all have working water troughs and feed bins, and even a run from the back, just big enough to lope around.

" Isn't it beautiful here? It must've cost so much..." I trail off and into the indoor arena. That's even bigger than the outdoor! The sand could use a horse or two to walk over and turn it up, but overall, it's sweet! Now, speaking of horses, I wonder how I'm gonna transport Blue over here. Adam, Cody and I finish our rounds and head back inside. I meet with dad, Sara and Tori.

" Dad, I was thinking, how am I going to get my horse over here?" He grins and shrugs.

" Rock and Spring are getting old, Everest and Spark aren't going anywhere, anytime soon. You can have ours." He hands me the keys to lock up the mini tack room inside the trailer and kisses my head.

" I gotta go home, the horses are getting hungry. I feel it." I nod and hug him.

" Thank you so much! For literally everything!" I say to him. He nods and calls to Adam.

" Bye, Adam. See you at home!" And he leaves. We all explore the house and find a double air mattress and one single. We head to the barn, with blown up air mattresses and lay them down, Adam taking a pile of hay for his mattress. Sara sleeps on the single and Cody and I share the double. I, luckily, found three big, thick, old blankets in the attic and we use those. Then, all of a sudden, Adam's phone rings. I was just about to fall asleep!

" Ugh!" I roll over and shut my eyes.

" Dad, I'm at Hayley's on a pile of hay in the barn. I'm fine. Night. Oh, tell Cody's parents that he's here too! Thanks." He hangs up and lays back down. Sara finishes shutting and locking the barn doors and lays down on her bed. A surge of exhaustion over takes my body and leaves me half asleep. Cody wraps an arm around me as I shiver.

" Goodnight, every...body..." I slowly slur. But soon enough, I'm fast asleep.

A/N
Okay, 27th chapter. 3 more until I finish... Yay!!! How was this chapter? I actually really liked it myself! But anyways, I really hope you liked reading this chapter and I will update ASAP. I'm even curious about how I'm gonna finish! Bye for now!
-A