Chapter 19

The first horse I see is a pretty white Arabian, then a spotted Appaloosa. There is a vet in a bay Quarter Horse's stall, taking a sample of blood. I go over what stall Blue was in and remember. Stall number 18. I pass a small Shetland pony and glance into stall 18. Empty. I feel my heart start to pound hard against my chest and my eyes zip around the stable. Where is he?! I step into the stall and walk towards the run connected to the back of the stall. I see his bandaged back leg and he tosses his head up from grazing. I let out a small whistle and I watch his nostrils quiver with excitement. He walks over, walking as fast as he can go, and I blow into his nostril, a horse way of greeting. He blows back and rubs his head against my chest. Cody chuckles from the stall and I look back at him, with Blue pricking his ears forward.

" Looks like someone missed you." I let out a small giggle and... Wait. Giggle? Since when do I giggle? I shake my head and bury my face in Blue's soft, long black mane. I take a big whiff of his beautiful horsey scent and go to check his leg. The swelling has gone down quite a lot and it isn't as hot anymore. He lifts his leg up slowly, thinking I wanna pick his hoof. I stand and pat his hip, allowing him to drop his hoof. Just something I taught him before the tendon accident. He follows me inside and greets Cody with a nicker. I lean against the stall wall and stroke Blue's forehead.
---------
Cody pulls out his phone and turns it on, the bright light illuminates his face.

" It's 7:40." He whispers. I lean my head on his shoulder, watching Blue eat his oats,

" Doesn't it close around 6:40 ish?" I ask, looking into his handsome eyes.

" Well, Stacy let everyone know that we can stay as long as we want." He says with a smile playing on his lips. Blue turns around and nuzzles his head into my chest, slightly pushing Cody away. He chuckles and pats his neck. I kiss Blue on the nose and walk around the front of him, keeping one hand on his chest. I bend down and feel his leg, normal. I grunt in confusion. Just a couple of hours ago it was hot. I look up, under Blue's belly and spot Cody watching me.

" What's the matter?" He asks with wonder in his eyes as he watches me stand up. I can't even see over Blue's back so I make my way around his hind.

" Nothing, actually. His leg feels normal!" He gives me a sweet smile and wraps me in a hug.

" I just hope he will get better soon." I speak, muffled due to my face being smushed against Cody's chest. I can tell that he nods and kisses the top of my head. The next thing I feel is a big head being pushed up against us, Blue. We both let out a small fit of laughter and let Blue in with the hug, which he seems to enjoy. We're all quiet for about 5 minutes when we hear a truck pull up in front of the doors attached behind it is a large horse trailer. They back in as far as they can go and I see one of them get out and screw around with the camera system. We hear a click and now know that they are down. A few horses burst out neighing and whinnying as soon as the guy enters their stalls and tie them to the trailer.
Horse thieves.

" I have a plan. Were gonna grab him as soon as he enters Blues stall." He nods and shuffles beside me in the dark. Blue steps forward and sticks his large head out. I tap his chest with my two fingers and he backs up three steps.

" Good boy." I manage to whisper before his stall door clicks open, and I'm just hoping he won't lash out at him because he may not take Blue, which he won't. Each horse has their own halter and lead rope, so he grabs Blue's and sneaks in. I take my chance. Nodding before I attack, I launch at his feet and trip him down. He lands at Blue's hooves. He pins his ears and bites at his neck, not to do any damage though. Cody grabs his arms and flips him over. My hands slip from their grasp and he kicks me in the cheek. Cody's face turns dark red and flips his legs over his head and putting him in a head lock. I rub my cheek and tie his legs together with Blue's lead rope.

" I'll get the other one." I whisper to Cody as he holds a hand over the guy's mouth to just muffle his talk. I get up and very quickly, tip toe over to the drivers seat. A guy about my age is sleeping in the drivers seat and I quietly open the door. I hear some shuffling in Blue's stall and the guy shouts out just one quick sentence before Cody quiets him with a quick slapping sound.

" Scott, there's a gir-" And that's all I hear before 'Scott's' dark brown eyes pop open and he launches at me. I tumble backwards, caught off guard, and he pins my hands over my head on the grass. I grunt, trying to get loose, but his grip tightens. He put both of my hands in one grip and shushes me with the other. With his hair away from his face, I see a familiar face. I just can't figure it out. There is a loud thump that comes from Blue's stall and the other man walks out leading Blue into the trailer. I feel my blood run cold and adrenaline start to pump through my veins. I start to scramble even more and Scott's partner in crime hands him some rope or something. He smirks and ties my hands and feet together, my hands bound behind my back. I scream Cody's name and he puts duct tape over my mouth. He lifts me up and places me inside the truck.

" Well, hello. Nice to see you again, Hayley." He says and slams the door, running back into the stables. I start to panic even more now. How does he know my name?! Who is he? My thoughts cloud my head and I hear the doors open on either side of the truck. Both guys get in and quickly start up the truck. They zoom out of there, taking a quick corner. The horses! They could've gotten hurt on that corner. The passenger turns around and smirks and looks back at Scott.

" Looks like we're taking this pretty one back?" Scott nods and I start to notice the whole world turn black. And pretty soon, I can't see anything.
That's the last thing I remember.

A/N
Holy. That was heart racing, wasn't it?! Didn't see that coming did you? Well, I really hope you like this chapter and yeah... Thanks!