Chapter 29

I haul the second last box into my truck, moving day! I glide around on my heel and stroll back inside, where mom and dad are chatting with Cody's parents. I accidentally bump into Cody as I turn the corner in the kitchen and he nearly drops the last box. I grab the box by its bottom and he pulls it to his chest. Making a frowny face.

"No! I want to do this," He makes himself sound as young as possible.
" it will make me feel like a big boy!" I pat his shoulder and smile.

" Okay, you can go and put it in my truck." He smiles and nods, walking out. I chuckle and go into my room, looking at the dull, empty walls, and the open windows. They are usually filled with my 5 horseback riding trophies and couple of ribbons.

" Goodbye, room." I whisper, feeling a pair of arms snake around my waist. I turn around and meet a familiar pair of green eyes. Cody smiles and kisses me. We hear someone clear their throat and whip our heads towards the door, where my dad stands with his arms crossed. My mother takes a picture and smiles.

" What?" I ask my dad. He straightens his posture and walks towards us, separating us with his arms. He chuckles and walks away. My mother rolls her eyes and blows me a kiss, giggling as she walks down the stairs. Cody looks at me and chuckles slightly, taking my hand towards the window. He stops and we stand in silence, watching the sun go behind clouds. After about three minutes, I spot the first snowflake. I point and squeal.

" Snow! Snow!" He laughs and nods his head. I take off down stairs and show my parents. They smile. And I relive that all my stuff is exposed outside. I kiss their cheeks and quickly stuff my boots on my feet.

" Cody! We have to go! Bye Mom, bye dad. Love you!" Cody makes it outside before me and starts the truck, waiting for me. I wave to Cody's parents as they drive away, soon we will too. I jump in, close my door and glance at Cody.

" Drive!" I laugh as he quickly puts it in drive and speeds away, honking just as we leave.

" Someone's got the first snowfall energy!" He grabs my hand and I squeeze it.

" Yup. I want to see how Blue reacts to it." He speeds up and just as we pull in, I see him playfully bucking and kicking around his pasture, with River watching him, chest pressed against the fence. I laugh and as soon as Cody parks the truck, I hop out, running over to his pasture. Yeah, I know your not really supposed to run up to a bucking horse, but hey, I know he won't hurt me. He immediately pricks his ears and dances towards me. I stroke his forehead and kiss his nose. Hot breath and fog swarms around his face as he breathes in and out.

I jump to the side and smile, he half rears and turns away, galloping to the back of his pasture and back. I pat his neck and laugh.

" You silly boy." I walk over to River, Blue still following me. She excitedly nickers as I walk up to her. I slide over the fence, and hop on to her back. She trots up a hill and I grab her long, silky mane. Blue pricks his ears and paws the ground, springing off in a lope. River gathers herself then bursts up the hill even more. I lean forward and pat her neck. She tosses her mane and spins around, barreling back down the hill. I pull back on her mane and she slows, stopping near the gate. I shiver and slide off of her back and kiss her nose, unlocking the gate to go out. She tries to push her way out, but I shove her back and quickly closing the gate. Blue whinnies and shoves his chest against the fence. I kiss his muzzle on my way back to the house to help Cody, but the truck is empty. I see him in a window, waving and smiling. I wave back and jog back to the house. He grabs me from behind as I walk into a room and I let out a slight squeal.

" Haha! Got you!" He says and let's me go. I fake laugh and start unpacking some boxes.

" When is the furniture coming? I kinda need a bed, you know?" He rolls his eyes and checks his phone.

" In approximately ten minutes." He grabs a box and sits down on the hard wood floor. As soon as he opens it, it is filled with my clothes. I look around and spot a very dusty and spider web filled dresser. I walk over to it and open the first drawer, sweeping away the dust. After cleaning the dresser Cody helps me pack my clothes into it. A honk sounds from outside, and I see the horses spook to the end of their pastures.

" Cody! They're here!" I turn a corner, go down stairs and burst outside to grab some stuff. I change my mind and go back inside, finally putting a jacket on. It's surprising how cold it can get in a matter of minutes. I grab a fragile mirror and place it inside, holding the door open for my bed frame. Cody and another dude haul my mattress inside and I check the truck. It's empty?! I make my way back inside and see them slowly bringing my bed upstairs.

" Hey! Is there another truck coming?" I call up to them.

" Nope! That's it." Someone yells back. A big thump comes from upstairs and they all come down the stairs.

" Need anything else?" I shake my head.

" No, thanks." They nod their heads and jump back into their truck, driving away. The horses slowly creep back to the front side of their pastures and Cody and I grab their halters from the barn, walking back to them. I throw Blue's on in a matter of 5 seconds and Cody scrambles to get Rivers on. He walks beside me and follows me into his empty stall, walking out the back. I take the opportunity to put some shavings down in both horses' stalls and when Blue comes to check out what I'm up to, he sniffs the bedding and lays down. River seems to enjoy her new bedding as well. I yawn and check the time, 6:36. Time to eat! Suddenly I realize, I'm staving!

A/N
I thought I wasn't going to update today, but I did. So excited to finish, but also sad. Do you think I should do a sequel? Let me know!
-Acacia😊