Chapter 16

" What?! B-but he was doing fine just a few hours ago!" A sudden realization sets in my head. It was my fault. I pushed and trained him too hard.

" It was my fault." I mumble, but dad catches the words and frowns.

" Hayley, how could it be-" I cut him off, rather harshly.

" No dad! When I was training or breaking him, I must've pushed him too hard... It. Is. My. Fault." I slam into Blue, but he barley moves. Hot tears run down my face and I bury my face into his neck. He wraps his head around me and let's me cry. I feel so terrible. No, this can't be happening! I pinch myself on the arm and blink the tears away to clear my vision. Nope, I'm still in the barn, crying my eyes out into Blue.

John's POV

I watch as she buries her head, again, into Blue's neck and cry. I reach my hand out to pat her on the back, but Blue snaps at me and pins his ears. He returns in his position, almost... Hugging her? I back off and take out my check book, but when I take it out, Dr. Gray shakes his head.

" No, not yet. Do you want me to give him his vaccinations? I have all the materials in the truck. I can also just give him a regular check up." I nod my head and slip the little book back into my back pocket. I glance once more at his leg and notice the swelling. Now I do? Jeez, getting old creeps up on you like a ghost.

Hayley's POV

I lift my head up and straighten myself up. I wipe the tears from my eye and sit down, my back against the crosstie wall. Dr. Gray pulls out his cool looking vet supplies and checks Blue out. Dad hands him a check. He bends down next to me and helps me up.

" So, I've gotta bring him back to the clinic. Would you help us out by bringing him out to the trailer?" I nod, unclip his halter from the crossties and clip his lead on. As I lead him out, I can see something in his eyes. Fear? Forgiveness? Anger? I step up to the trailer and he pulls on the lead, stopping in his tracks. I slowly step up and onto the ramp, with Blue inching forwards every step, limping as well. He finally is in the trailer and tied, with a haynet filled for him. I slowly run my fingers down his back as I  back away. When I lose touch he freaks out, whinnying for me, wanting to back out. Dad and James, Dr. Gray's fist name, fold up the ramp and close the door. Pounding hooves are heard from inside the trailer and I peek inside.

" Shh! It's okay, Blue. I will visit you tomorrow." He starts to calm when he heard my voice, and James refuses to take the money for Blue.

" No, I don't want that. After all that you've done, I don't deserve the money. You do." He says as he slams his door closed and starts up the black Ford F-450 and starts driving up the driveway. I feel a tear drop out of my eye and bolt into the house. Mom looks at me, concerned, but before she can ask me what's wrong, I book it up the stairs and into my room.
---------------

I glance at the clock. 10:54 pm. Luckily I am not in school anymore, if I was, I would not get any sleep tonight. I grab my laptop and look up bowed tendons. Many things pop up and on one site, it said it could take a year. No, I don't believe that. It can't take that long! I shut it and grab my phone and text Sara about what happened. She said that she would be right over. And yet, in less than two minutes she comes speeding down the drive way, barely shuts off her car and dashes into the house. I hear her pounding footsteps coming down the hallway, when look for her I see her slip by my room and fall. I laugh and help her up. She pulls me into a tight hug.

" Oh my god! I'm so sorry. Is there any-" I cut her off, rather harshly.

" Stop. Don't say sorry, it was my fault." I push away and land on my bed. She frowns at me and sits next to me.

" It wasn't your fault. He was just probably too curious in the pasture and got his leg stuck in between the fence posts." I sit up and raise my eyebrows at her.

" Nope. It was me. He was fine two days ago, yesterday, we were out training and I think I pushed him too hard." She shakes her head.

" Nope, it was the fence." She gets up and opens my laptop. She turns and sits down next to me.

" Let me show you something. So, most sites have a place where you can comment," She clicks an arrow and it leads us to rows on rows of comments. She points to one and reads it out loud.
" This is a fake! It doesn't take over a year to heal a bowed tendon! My horse bowed his tendon and it only took him 7 months to get back to hand work and now, he is better than ever." A relieved sigh escapes from my mouth and I rest my head on the shoulder. My mom comes rushing into my room, with messy hair and her barn clothes.

" Is everything okay? I was exercising Spring and then I saw Sara speed in and bolt into the house! I untacked as quick as I could and just put Spring in her pasture. I thought you lit something on fire or you broke a limb or something worse!" She inhales and exhales, fairly hard.

" Mom, if something like that happened, I would've texted or called you before Sara. Plus at a woman at your age, you shouldn't be running that hard." I joke. She places her hands on her hips and frowns.

" Now, now. You are living in my house and you are graduated. I have the right to kick you out whenever I want." She grins and walks away. Sara bursts out laughing.

" Yeah? Well, I'm fine with sleeping in the barn without you knowing." I mumble to myself, causing Sara to laugh even more, snorting in the process. I laugh along with her and she turns toward me.

" See? Nothing to worry about!"

A/N
Omg! I am so sorry for not updating in so long! I lost track of time and got very caught up in school. So sorry! (I feel so bad!)
-Acacia