Part thirty-one

Hello everyone, please read the decription at the end of this chapter, it is very important.

This is the last chapter in this fic, however I am writing another fanfiction that will be up sometime this week.

(sorry for anything spelt wrong, I have a new laptop and need to get used to the keyboard. I also haven't got spell check yet, thankyou for your support xxx)

**

*Zayns POV*

The next few days were spent making arrangements for the funeral and speaking to officers and investigators. Everything was all happening at once; planning the funeral, coming home, speaking to police, but now, when it was all over, there was nothing else we could do. I had tried to keep busy, but now I had nothing to do, meaning I had more time to think about all the events in the past few days. 

I awoke to an empty bed, causing me to get up in search for Rhiannon. The bathroom door was shut, but I could tell she was in there due to the light creeping through the cracks in the closed door. I knocked twice before opening the door slowly and sliding in to see Rhiannon standing in frront of the mirror, turning slighty so she was facing mee.

I looked at the stranger in front of me. She had the same brown hair, but, unlike usual it just draped around her face. Her body was frail and weak, looking like she was going to break there and then. However, the worst was yet to come, and as I looked into her eyes, I felt as if I was going to cry. Her eyes weren't sparkling like usual, and instead they were dull, and filled with pain and sadness. This wasn't my Rhiannon at all.

I didn't know what to do, and so I opened my arms, and, naturally she fell into them. She began to sob in my arms, before the sobbing turned into full on crying. I couldn't bring myself to say anything; still experiencing the pain of it all myself, and so began to cry with her.

And so we both stood there, wrapped and crying in each other's arms, mourning the loss of our child, and everything else we had lost.

**

*Rhiannons POV*

I stepped into the church, looking down at my feet, not caring that I was drenched from the rain that was pouring down. I carried on walking, down the aisle, towards the alter, all eyes on Zayn and I, their faces filled with pity. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I took my place at the front, finally daring to look up. Her coffin was already placed at the front, her casket only a few inches long, lying at the mercy of the church. I refused to cry, looking down to my feet, not saying a word as I waited for the ceremony to start. I didn't say a word to anyone; I hadn't dared, afraid of breaking down, however I gripped onto Zayn's hand like he was my lifeline.

The service finally finished, and all I really wanted to do was say goodbye privately. I went up to the coffin, and slowly opened the lid. I stared into the coffin, my heart hammering vigorously against my chest. Her eyes were shut, her tiny fingers clutched slighty and her skin pale. I leant in and held her hand, her fingernails the size of her half grain of rice and her eyelids closed; she looked more asleep then dead. I felt  Zayn come up behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist. "She looks so peaceful." I heard him whisper, his voice cracking. I turned around and looked at him, tears present in his eyes as I slowly shut the lid of the casket as I gripped onto his hand once more, whispering one last goodbye as we folowed everyone outside for the burial.

**

There weren't as many people as we buried her as there were for the service; just close family and the boys; it was a very private affair with a strict no paparatzi rule. I stood and watched as everyone paid their respects before they came to me, awkwardly telling me they were sorry for my loss, or how great of a person she would have been. All I could do was nod.