Part seven

Hey guys, sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, but here you go:-) I will be uploading much more often now, as my summer holidays are coming up, enjoy, feedback very much appriciated:-) 

I sat and watched the raindrops trickle down the small window next to my bed. It was raining. In America. Just my luck. I reached down in my suitcase to find an outfit for the day. It had been two weeks now; fourteen days since I left my life behind and was forced to start a new one here with Chris. He put in some money, and I put in all the money I had, and together we bought a flat, big enough for the two of us, and a ten minute walk away from the beach. The area was great, the sun was usually shining down on us, and I lived a calm life with my boyfriend. I should be happy. I am happy. I told myself the same thing every day, however I couldn’t. I was hurting inside, I missed my home, my friends and my job, but they were all gone, and I knew I would just have to accept that I wasn’t going home. That this was my home now.  

I sighed, and padded into the bathroom. I stepped into the shower, the warm water waking me up. I wrapped a towel around myself and did my hair and makeup. I then picked up the outfit that lay on my bed and put it on. A pencil skirt, white blouse and a cardigan. Today was a big day, seeing as I was going for a job interview to work in an office of some sort. Downstairs, I joined Chris, who was in his night clothes, sitting at the table and eating some toast. “Morning” He said, looking up at me. “Hey” I answered quickly, rushing round the room to pick up my things that I needed. Once I was ready, I stood at the toaster, tapping my fingers against the worktop impatiently, waiting for what seemed like hours for the toast to pop up. I wasn’t looking forward to this; I hated sitting and working in an office- I preferred to be up and moving around. But when Chris had told me how much trouble he had gone to get me an interview, I couldn’t turn it down; I was too scared to turn it down. Finally, the toast popped up I grabbed it, shoved some butter on it. “Goodbye, better get the job.” Chris laughed. Smiling, I ran out the door, slamming it behind me and catching the bus to the office.

*6 hours later*

“Well that was a long day.” I sighed, sitting next to Chris on our small crème couch, the tv on in the background. “Yes, and I’m very proud of you.” Chris said to me, smiling and putting his arm around me. Maybe he isn’t so bad. Maybe he has changed. I told myself. Chris hadn’t laid a finger on me since the incident with Zayn; maybe America has got rid of the anger that had been bubbling inside of him for as long as I could remember. I smiled to myself, and got up, telling Chris I would be back in a minute, I just had to get changed. I went into my room, and opened my drawer to get out some clean pyjamas, when I found my phone in the drawer. The day we got here I put it in there- I didn’t want to face Danielle and the others just yet. I just couldn’t. I breathed in, and unlocked my phone. I had to face the world sometime, to let them know I wasn’t coming back, and I thought now was the best time to do so. I had to look twice at my phone when I read that I had 103 missed calls- 80 from Danielle, and the rest from Zayn. Guilt surged through me- they must be so worried right now. First, I sent Danielle a message “Sorry, I’m in America with Chris. I have bought a flat with him, this is my permanent home now. Got a job today, alls good. Love you, missing you, mwah xxx” I clicked on the send button, and then opened a fresh message, to Zayn this time. “Hey Zayn, sorry I haven’t made contact, but I am living in America with my boyfriend Chris now, guess this is goodbye- Rhiannon “ I breathed in heavily, fighting back the tears, and clicked send. I had debated on putting an ‘x’ but decided it would be safer not to. Just as I was putting my phone away, my phone buzzed. I stared at it confused- there was a massive time difference between the uk and America- surely they would be asleep. I opened the message, to see it was from Zayn. “You should of told me Rhiannon, and this doesn’t have to be goodbye, we can still keep in contact, right?xx” I stared at the text, and as tempted as I was to reply yes, I knew I couldn’t. This is a fresh start, remember, I told myself.“Zayn, I can’t, I’m sorry. Just forget you ever met me.” I replied, turning off my phone and putting it back into the drawer, before returning downstairs to Chris on the sofa. This was my new life, I had better get used to it- there was no going back. 

Like I said, feedback welcome, hope you enjoyed, part 8 coming very soon x

-Charlotte