Part twenty-two

Hey guys, sorry for the late update, but this chapter is pretty long so hopefully it will make up for it! This chapter is dedicated to 'Skyscraperxo' as she has such a long and kind comment on my fanfiction, and also messaged me on twitter which was really sweet. Go read her stuff, it is amazing!xxx

I ALSO MADE A TRAILER FOR THE FANFICTION, IT'S ON THE SIDE SO CHECK IT OUT. THE LINK TO IT IS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZVFhNIY6BY&feature=plcp

Enjoy, please vote, comment and add to your library!xx

*Zayn's POV*

I walked briskly down the long corridor; having managed to grab a quick break I wanted to go to the bathrooms and get a bite to eat before I had to record again. However, as I turned the corner, I saw someone sitting on the floor, their back facing me. I approached them, only to realise it was Rhiannon.

As soon as I noticed it was her, I went over and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped, swivelling her head round to see who it was. As soon as she turned around I knew that something wasn't right... had she been crying?

"Rhi, what's wrong?" I asked softly.

"Nothing, don't worry." She replied.

"I can tell you've been crying, you can te-" I began, but she cut me off.

"Nothing's wrong, okay? Just go back to work and leave me alone." She snapped, before jumping up and walked quickly down the corridor until she was out of sight.

I sat in shock at her sudden lash-out, wondering what an earth had triggered such a sudden change of emotion.

"Zayn, we need you!" I heard one of management call.

"Two secs."

"Now!"

I sighed, lifting myself up from the floor and going into the recording booth. Entering, I began to sing one of the songs, however I found myself messing up and forgetting my lines as thoughts of Rhiannon entered my head.

"Honestly, Zayn, we all want to get home tonight." Niall joked, but I didn't find it at all funny.

"It's not my fault, okay?" I harshly retorted, undoubtedly shocking everyone in the room.

"Um, Zayn, are you ok?" Liam asked.

"Of course I am; everything's fine, can we just carry on please?" I shouted, yet again earning shocked looks from everyone.

I began to sing the start of the verse, but found myself singing the wrong lines yet again.

"Look Zayn, I think it's time we called it a day. You can go home now." One of management sighed.

"Fine." I huffed, yanking off my headphones, grabbing my belongings and swiftly leaving the building, not even bothering to say goodbye to the boys.

I drove back to the flat pretty quickly and let myself in, calling for Rhiannon as I searched the house for her. I went into the living room and found her staring at a blank tv.

"Rhi?" I asked.

She looked over to me as I spoke, and I opened my mouth to speak to her when she hushed me. I shot her a confused look, and she told me that there was something I should know. I watched her take a deep breath, looked into my eyes and sigh.

"Zayn, I think we should break up."

*Rhiannon’s POV*

"Zayn, I think we should break up."

I saw the pain in Zayn's eyes as I told him, and, although he didn't know, I felt the exact same way as he did. I didn't want to break up at all; Zayn is one of the best things that has ever happened to me, and the thought of having to wake up to an empty bed, knowing he isn't mine makes my heart ache. However, when the two men told me just how much I was affecting Zayns career, I knew that I would have to make a sacrifice for his sake. That sacrifice being our relationship.