Ch. 8~ Chase

Sorry about the late update!! I hope you all had an awesome thanksgiving. How did you like the last chapter? Good? Bad? Somewhere in the middle? Exciting? Comment what you think.

Last time... People are disappearing left and right and Lana had a very scary run in with the creatures, barely escaping with her life. She is traumatized. The next day at school, the creatures attack. Lana and her classmates make their way down through the fire escape, gabbing hockey sticks and baseball bats for weapons. After lots of thinking, they make their mad dash across the playground to get onto the roof of the school. Only Lana, Mort, Sam, AJ, Vicky, Andrew, and Mrs. Ephri make it out by jump starting a car and driving to Mrs. Ephri's sister's house in Frankford. They run out of gas halfway there and have to go by bike/scooter. Lana's cut on her back is making her sick as they try to run away from the creatures they think are following them. Soon enough, they find that there was a pack of mutated dogs following them... All of which used to be house dogs but have grown to enormous height and stature, along with growing some wicked teeth and some freaky looking eyes. The dogs chase them all the way to Frankford where Lana falls behind her friends and falls flat on the pavement. Someone told the rest of the group to leave her there because there wasn't time to save her. A giant bulldog jumps on top of her, and using her crowbar, kills it quickly by smashing it into the bulldog's open throat. The other dogs pounce on the dead body and Lana drags herself away. The school building closest to her seems like the best option. She breaks a glass door, hurting herself in the process, and drags herself down the hallway. To distract herself he imagines her wounds healing themselves, which only results in more pain (this is important!!). She passes out before she can reach the office.

Chase chapter timeeeeeeeeee.

Okay, here we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hallway is silent. Not a sound to be heard. I swing my hall pass around my finger, thinking about how stupid it is that I still have to use it to go get a drink from the water fountain. Of course, the only reason that the teacher knew that Gabe had clogged the sinks in the bathroom with toilet paper is because he left the hall pass there. Stupid of him really. I talked to him about it; he told me he thought it wouldn't affect the plumbing, (which was stupid of him), and he thought that he could easily get away with it, (which was also stupid of him). The only school prank I was ever involved in was when some of the popular guys filled the fountain and pools with jello powder- I was the guy who got pushed in (course, what's new?). I round the corner and out into the lobby. It is no less silent here than in the hall. My eyes cross the sleek floor. I stop in my tracks, my eyes fixed on the peculiar color that's smeared on the tile-

Red. Deep red.

My heart skips a beat. My senses become alert and I am suddenly aware of how suspicious the silence is. It is masking something. Hesitantly, I let my eyes follow the trail of red down, until it meets its end near the office, studded by a bloody heap on the floor.

A body.

"Oh my God," I say to myself I rush over to the body and gently roll it from its side so I can see its face. My hands dampen with blood as I do so.

A girl.

There was only one word I could use to describe her.

Beautiful.

Her dark hair twisted on the floor, framing her face and matching her long eyelashes that brushed her soft cheeks. She had a slightly angular face and a squarish jawline that I severely liked. Her skin was rosy red from exhaustion, and she lay completely limp. She was pretty small, though still muscular at the same time, a crowbar held to her calf by one of her boots... And her whole upper body was bleeding. Badly.