Ch. 27~ King creature

Second update today!

Last time... Chase finds Lana in the debris, and takes her back to the car. He looks for Sam afterwards. He finds him dead. Now, its been two days since the bombing and they are preparing for a "funeral."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Creature

Damage was not minimal. I lost all but a fourth of the population of my nest. They would pay, they all would pay. The girl had to pay. She did this. She is my enemy, my one true nemesis, and she must be destroyed. My human self... Would not have done the same thing. My human self tolerated, even had a connection with this menace. She was my last connection to humanity and she must be destroyed.

It took two days to find a new nest. It was the longest two days I've ever endured. There was no food along the road, practically nothing except for the occasional squirrel or raccoon, which is why some resorted to desperate measures and started to feed on their siblings. I had to make a new law that any one of my children may not eat another. Once we get one taste, we can't stop. There is some addictive chemical in our blood or some tasteful fiber in our skin that makes our brains shut off and every violent instinct of hunger come to life. I lost an eighth of my population to this anomaly.

The anomaly ended when our new headquarters were found... An office building on the far end of the town called Frankford where the humans thrived. When we claimed the building, there were the accidentals, as I call them, the mutts inhabiting the area already. The new law did not require the salvation of anything but their siblings, so my children proceeded to rip apart the species we were presented with. After every one of them was killed by my children, we started to feel that this was our home now. This was our new nest.

The new bacteria producer was brought here with us, and now it is ready. I announced to the population that we must wait for a proper time to round up the existing humans, but they were far from agreeing. They were outraged about the bombing. They weren't thinking clear, but they were right... Those filthy animals deserved punishment.

When the most mutated male questions me in his slithery, scratchy voice, "My king, are you not enraged? Are you not itching to give those bugs what they deserve?" I reply in the same tone. I open my sharp toothed mouth to tell him to wait when my eyes rest on the weapon on the desk next to the finished bacteria producer. My mind suddenly lights up with a wonderful, horrible idea. "My king?" He questions.

I wrap my clawed fingers around the bomb and hand it to my child with a twisted grin.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." My voice reaches his deformed ears like a sly snake, sending the information like a silent slithering devil. He looks at the bomb within his curled, black-clawed fingers and smiles a disturbed, corrupted smile. He grunts and leaves the office. I sit down on the too-small chair and grin with satisfaction as I watch a herd of my children stampede out of the building and toward their prey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh schnitzel!!! What do you think is going to happen??

Comment your prediction ;) 

Love 'yall, thanks for reading!!