Ch. 15~ King Creature

Hello my lovely readers! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Last time... Chase chapter, there were lots of newbies to human-quarters; Quinn (12), Hunter (12), Ty (17), Lilly (Ty's little sister, 6). Also they found Lindsay (16), Grace (Lindsay's little sister, 9), Hank (16), Jennifer (13), Greg (12), Mary (Greg's older sister, 16), and Lee (16). A pretty uneventful chapter besides the very last sentence... They are out of food.

Now get excited!!! This is the most important King Creature chapter yet!!!

Okay, here we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a surplus of things we had....

We had the power plant.

We had strength.

We had intelligence.

We had domination.

We had menace.

We had horror laced into our very blood.

We had our own kind of joy racing through our veins.

And there were surpluses of things we didn't have...

There was no food.

There was no kindness.

There was no love.

There was no caring.

There was no sympathy.

There was no happiness.

There was no disloyalty.

There was no family.

There was no humor.

There was no human joy.

There was no empathy.

There were no morals.

There was no mercy.

There was no humanity.

There was no weakness.

But most of all...

There was no stopping us.

"My King..." Her slithery voice said. She was the strongest, smartest, most trustworthy female out of them all, and she was completely loyal to me. She was in charge of redosing and modifying the bacteria if ever needed. But nonetheless, if she were to disobey me, I wouldn't hesitate to kill her. She was usually unable to create stronger bacteria without my help, and I have lost the ability to concentrate. I have a plan for this that must be put into action soon, or I may run out of opportunities to fix the formula. Her slithery voice speaks again. "They still have not changed..." There is a sudden strike of anger inside me and rage flows through my veins. Unable to control myself, I flung from the chair I sat in and pinned her to the wall, forearm against her throat.

"Why??" I growl, strangely pleased by my horrific voice. "Why have you failed me??" I wrap my blue grey fingers of my free hand around her throat. "You are a disgrace. We had a deal-"

"My King... Please... We found..."

"What? What could you have found that could possibly redeem you?" I spat between my sharp, gritted teeth.

"We... found... The humans... The girl..." She chokes. I stare into her eyes as I see her red soul swim in them...

I release her.

She falls onto the floor and coughs, baring her teeth as she does so. She begins to growl.

"Leave." I command. She gives me a cold stare before she scampers out of the room. She bellows outside the lab door and races down into the basement. I hear a chorus of roars and shrieks as she attacks the others in anger. And then I hear an anguished cry and I knew that was the last I would be seeing of her. The roars continue even after she was eaten. They were getting uncontrollable. Ravenous.

It was time to make the announcement.

"MY CHILDREN, WARRIORS OF THE KING...." I roar deeply. It is almost instantly quiet. I take a moment to look into the ocean of modified humans that stood on the bottom floor of the power plant. I step farther from the elevator behind me so they may see me more. "I am your father, and it is my duty to keep you in shape and well fed. And as it has been pointed out to me, we have no food." I hear a couple grunts and growls from below. I take a breath and a twisted grimace crawls over my face. "This is why we must resort to different means of nutrition... We are on the top of the food chain. We are the improvements of the human race. And so therefore we will show them that we are in charge! That WE are the most powerful!...... Humans! Humans will be the new prey!" There I a chorus of roars and I see the ones around the edges of the sea howl and go scampering out of the power plant, away from the other predators, but toward their prey. Soon, they all evacuated and I was left alone with the sheer satisfaction that I had done it...

I destroyed humanity.

I licked the last of the raccoon blood from my fingers. I tried eating human food, but it tasted like ashes now that I've changed, and animals are rich and filling, so that was the next best thing. Course, there were only enough animals in this factory to feed me. I would let my children eat the humans, but I did not want their filthy blood coursing through my own.

"Another," A male creature says, bringing forth a fat boy whose sweat glistened in the blue light that filtered through the glass roof of the power plant. I could hear his blood pumping from where I stood on the lowest balcony. Stupid humans. Couldn't ever control themselves.

"Please don't eat me," the boy whimpers, trembling in fear. I see grimaces spread across my childrens' faces. 

"Give me one good reason why I should not have you as prey."

The boy is silent.

"Good. You may eat." What came next was a series of wonderful noises I listened to voluntarily.

When he was done, they brought forth another... A female with light hair and skin who thrashed this way and that. I hesitated. She looked desirable to a human being.

She was disloyal.

She was manipulative.

She was perfect for the job I had in store for her.

"Well well..." I say with the deep tones of my slithery voice. She starts to speak in a shaky tone. It sounded like she was close to tears.

"I swear if you kill me I'll-"

"You'll do what? What kind of power do you have over us?" I question her. "You're lucky I didn't kill you just there. But since you're so lucky, I'll make you a deal."

She sniffs and says, "A deal for what?"

"Your life," I say.

She visibly gulps.

"Yes, I like deals. You are to find the humans and disrupt them. Make them reap havok on themselves."

She is quiet. I felt anger inside me for her disrespect, but I kept it subsided.

"And you are to test solutions on the youngest humans."

"Like... Inject them with chemicals or something?" Another swell of anger for her stupidity.

"Another human will appear at the dwelling within two days and they will give it to you."

"This deal is unbreakable right? I do what you say and you keep me safe?" She squeaks.

"Yes."

"When do I start?

I smile crawls across my face. "Now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so it wasn't the most exciting chapter ever, but it lays the basis for pretty much the rest of the book. I hope you liked it!! Stay tuned for the Lana chapter!

Thanks for readin' <3