Ch. 24~ King Creature

Hey guys! Sorry this didn't get up yesterday with the Chase chapter, the internet hates me. 

ANYWAY, this is probably the shortest chapter you will ever read, but I am updating Lana today too! Thx for reading ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Creature

The rage. It is all I can think about.

We came so close. So close! Only to have our plan foiled.

The scientist already decided to come crawling back to me... He was one of us. He brought the formula to me, but didn't say anything about testing it. I thought this was a good thing at first, but when he ran off, I knew that he didn't know if it worked or not. He must have changed when he was back with the humans. 

The girl is the next to come.

I watch from my perch on the second railing as two of my hunters drag her inside. She barely struggles, but there is a look in her eyes; fear that I can practically smell. That twisted grin crawls over my face.

"So," I start in my deep slithery voice, "look what the cat dragged in." I can tell the girl would very much enjoy to scowl at me, but she hides her emotions behind the net of blond hair over her face. My expression darkens. "You've failed me."

The girl is silent with fear.

"So tell me..." I lean over the railing to look her straight in the eyes. "Where are they now?"

She hesitates, then stutters the words, "2195 Elm street..."

My grin returns. Now that we knew exactly where they were, we had a chance at defeating them. "You've been convenient..." I start. I see hope glimmer in the girl's eyes. "But you are no longer of use to me."

And with that, I give the signal, turned my back, and listen to the music of my children ripping her to shreds.