Ch. 18~ King Creature

Second update today yaaaaay! I hope you guys liked the last chapter! 

What'd you think of the new girl Mella? Annoying? (She annoys me and I wrote her into this world).

Last time... There was a lockdown because Sam and the other leaders thought there might be some creatures coming, but there weren't. So after 2 hours, they suspended the lockdown and went on with their daily junk. Chase figures out that he mutated too... His auditory cortex activity is through the roof. Sam gives Chase a weird look at the end of the chapter but he passes it off as nothing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Creature

A week passed. A week in which we starved, a week in which some of us turned on one another. A week in which this epidemic of famine resulted in cannibalism.

The hunters came back with only two today. I was utterly disappointed and angry, but my logical side told me we were out of humans to hunt for, which meant the young ones that did not change were still hiding.

The pack leader of the hunters came forward with one. This one was old. He wore a lab coat and he reminded me of my human self. My stupid human self whom I never wanted to see again. And looking at one so similar, practically congruent, made me want to rip him to shreds. The anger built up inside of me until it was raging like a bonfire.

I gave the signal.

The hunters closed in, grinning, snarling, and baring their teeth.

"Wait please!" The man pleaded. "I could be useful!" The man looked up at me with fearful eyes, and realized he could be useful... "Please!" My instincts were edging me on, every nerve in my body screaming to let him die! Let him die! Let him die! But then my intellegence started to kick in...

I called out for them to stop. They whipped their heads at me and grimaced. This would have been the biggest meal consumed in over two weeks. I was itching to see this man so similar to my past self torn to bits, but that logical side of me again called off my anger.

I leaped down from my post above the momentous ground floor and landed on my giant clawed feet with ease. He cowered as I approached him and I towered over the twig of a man.

"What," I spat, "could you be so incredibly useful for as so I wouldn't kill you?"

The man was fear struck for a moment, then spoke; "I- I have intelligence. I'm a- a chemist, a scientist," he stutters. The billowing fire of rage brightened inside me. My past self was a scientist.

I swallowed my anger. He was the last part of the plan I needed. "Since you are so courageous to speak to me, I will make you a deal."

The man is silent.

"I have only made one deal before this."

He clears his throat. "What's the deal?"

"You will find the human's headquarters and you will create a chemical that infects all children, juvenile, and adult humans. The chemical I created was flawed. You must fix it."

The man looked confused. "You mean you... Created a formula that can change human beings? To this extent?"

Rage again coursed through my veins. "Fix, not change," I barked. "I will give you the formula. Once you have created a new bacteria sample, you will give them to the human called Mella."

"... And if I find no solution?"

"Then the deal is off."

"And then what happens?"

"You become our next meal," I growl with a twisted grin. The servant creature hands the man the formula, which was scribbled onto a piece of graph paper.

The man looks at me with fear, and then takes off out of the compound.

Even though my instincts want to hunt him down and kill him myself, I watch as he scampers off into the distance.

Soon my kingdom would be complete. Soon every human being will be free of their fatal flaws.

Soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short and sweet, but plot-juicy. I hope you liked it! Don't forget I'm doing another update today!

Luv y'all ;*