Ch. 30~ King Creature

Hello lovely readers! I hope you had a wonderful day today.

Last time... Vicky finally found the cure for the creatures and Hank made a grenade filled with the new bacteria. Despite all this, Lana still blames herself for the apocalypse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the survivors of the explosion returned, there was nothing but happiness in my heart. They brought back two of the humans for testing, just like I asked.

It was time to make the announcement.

I approach the railing and overlook my feasting children below me. The carcasses of the mutts are practically picked to the bone. The others, which are not allowed to be eaten for conservation purposes, are in a large pile in the corner, stinking of fresh meat. The sweet scent even tempts me. As soon as one of my children spots me and stares up with a wicked grin, so do the rest.

"We have waited," I start, "many many days for this moment." The crowd stirs. "For the moment when we see all humans change." The two adolescent creatures come prowling out into the crowd.

Masterpieces.

My children stare in awe. The adolescents were particularly small, but shared the same menace as the rest. Their eyes are bright and shining with new hunger, their teeth sharper, and their claws even longer than my own. One of my children whoops with excitement, which is soon joined by a chorus of grunts and growls and excited roars. Suddenly an idea hatches in my brain.

"It is done. No longer will those pitiful creatures roam my earth. No longer will they feel any sort of their stupid human happiness," I growl. My children roar in agreement. As they do, the idea in my mind matures and I decide to act on it. I put a clawed, grey hand up to silence the crowd. They respond immediately.

"Those humans who dwell closest to us, those that have destroyed our home, shall pay. We will see it happen with our own eyes!" I snarl. The crowd roars once again. "And that is why we will bring them here! We will see them change! We will see our enemy destroyed!" I am suddenly reminded of the girl, the one who was my last connection to humanity, and I am filled to the brim with glee that I will get to see her change too.

"Sir," a slithery voice says from behind me. I turn to see the general standing before me, his red eyes wild with excitement. "The regular mission group?" He asks.

"Yes, they shall work well," I reply. and with that, the general leads the group of creatures out of the building and they go prowling for Frankford.