Chapter 1: Everything Changes

Before I knew it, this would be the day everything would change. Nothing would be the same as now. I feel as if I'm leaving my whole life behind and I'm going to start a new one. And that is exactly what I am going to do. My new life would have be with Zane. This would be like a dream for an ordinary girl unlike me. This is more like a nightmare that I'm just awaiting to be over. Worst yet, I'm going to have to leave my only true love behind. Heck, he doesn't even know it. But we were meant for each other I can feel it! But my dreams would now fade away in this new life. Goodbye, Laurence.

-+-

Many days before...
Aphmau's POV
My eyes fluttered open as I woke up. I groaned and stretched as I crawled out of my bed. I put on a simple shirt with simple pants. I wore my cloak over my head. I grabbed my sword and walked downstairs to eat breakfast. I sat down and stirred at my soup not interested in eating it.
"Good morning Aphmau! How did you sleep?" Asked my mom. I just sighed and continued to day-dream as I stared into my soup. But suddenly I herd the front door swing open! It was my brother, Garroth. And he shut the door behind him.
"Mom, Dad, Aphmau! O'kasis is at the gates. They...t-they want Aphmau! Zane even said that if you refused to come they would start war with us!" He said.
"Garroth? What are you talking about?" Asked my mom.
"I-I mean it! Zane is here because of Aphmau. I never wanted to say it but it's true. Aphmau, Zane wants you!" Yelled Garroth.
"Huh? W-Why me?" I asked.
"You know why!" He said.
"What's going on out here?" Asked my dad as he walked into the room.
"It's O'kasis! And they're here for Aphmau!" Yelled my mom. Garroth ran his hands through his hair. Then the door was busted down. Garroth backed away and everyone turned to the door.
"Well, well....looks like I stumbled across your house." It was Zane.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US ZANE!?" I yelled. He walked up to me.
"Well, if it isn't my little princess. I swear your beauty grows and grows every time I see you!" He said.
"I said, What do you want from us!?" I asked.
"Heh, well I came for a variety of reasons. First of all, you are going to come with me to O'kasis and become my bride. We will have a wedding by the full moon." He said.
"Wait, what!? No! Why would anyone want to marry a guy like you!?" I asked.
"Well you have two choices so make up your mind fast! Number one is you come with me to O'kasis to become my bride. But there's a catch, your family will have to become slaves for me! Number two is I kill your family, burn down your village, and kill that dumb guy you like." He said.
"YOUR A MONSTER! DON'T YOU DARE LAY A HAND ON THEM OR I'LL--" I started.
"Then what is your choice? Please hurry before I'm old. " he said.
"I-I....Ill never marry you! Not in a million years! I hate you!" I said.
"Hm, very well then. Guards! Kill them!" Said Zane. A group of O'kasis guards stepped into the house.
"N-No wait stop!" I sighed, "Alright fine, I'll go with you Zane. I'll be your bride." I said sadly.
"Ha! Alright then, your coming with m--" started Zane. I zoomed passed him and the guards as fast as I could to go into the forest.
"YOU FOOLS! AFTER HER!" I herd Zane from the house.
I ran and ran into the forest, tripping over rocks and getting whipped in the face by low tree branches. I was trying to get to the spot where me and Laurence would meet every now and then. He would always wait hours for me to get there. I hoped and hoped he would be there. I finally recognized the area. I continued to run.
"L-LAURENCE! LAURENCE WHERE ARE YOU!?" I screamed.
"A-Aphmau? Is that you!?" I herd him ask. Then I finally made it to the area. I then saw him there. I panted and tried to calm down. "Aphmau! What happened? You're a wreck!" He said.
"Z-Zane....he came to our village to start war. And he told me that i was forced to be his bride and....and..." I started.
"Whoa, Aphmau calm down! Take it easy. D-Did you say you were going to marry Zane?" He asked. I nodded.
"I-I don't want to though..." I said.
"I swear when I get my hands on him I will murder him! No hesitations! Zane deserves to die!" He said.
"Laurence....he said I have to or he would burn down our village. A-And he would even kill you! Sorry but....I have to leave you behind." I said. I began to hear Zane and his guards in the forest near by.
"T-This is horrible....." Said Laurence. I walked closer to him.
"Laurence, we don't have to be cooped up on this village forever! So, why don't we run away! We can get out of this together! We don't need to worry about Zane then." I said.
"I don't know if that could work....Zane might find us! B-But A-Aphmau....if we never see each other again then...I need to tell you something." He said. I looked up at his face. He was blushing.
"Huh? What is it?" I asked.
"I--" he started.
"There she is! And she's with that disgusting brat!" Said a guard. Zane approached us smirking.
"Oh so that where you went! To find your little lover boy!" Said Zane, "Sorry but I'm going to have to take her from you."
"IN YOUR DREAMS ZANE!! I WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW! YOU DESERVE TO--" He started. A guard knocked him out from behind.
"LAURENCE!" I yelled.
"Haha! Well, I guess--" started Zane. I took my sword out and knocked Zane over. My sword stood inches from his face.
"Zane... I am going to kill you! I don't care if-" I started.
"Whoa whoa! Aphmau, calm down. I'll give you a third choice if you let me live." He said.
"And what good will that do, hm?" I asked.
"Let's make a deal, you come to O'kasis with me. But, you will stay there for 100 days. On the 100th day we will be King and Queen. BUT, if someone stops me, I will let you go on home. If no one comes well, on day 100 we will be married just like I said! But I doubt anyone would stop me! It's not possible! So, deal? Or no deal." He said.
"So, your giving 100 days for someone to stop our marriage? And if someone saves me then I'm free? I doubt you'll keep your promises!" I said. But...if he is telling the truth then....ugh! Okay...fine. "Alright Zane...Deal."
Zane smirked and I dropped my sword to the ground. Then two guards grabbed my arms from behind and started dragging me away. But wait...Laurence is just laying there on the ground in the forest! I hope he'll be okay. Goodbye.
-+-
Yeah, maybe I could have done a little better then that. But I'm still really hyped to write this! Let me know if you are liking it so far! Bye!
~Kitty )*:・゚
-+-