Chapter 4: First Meetings

~~~
Don't judge me for ALMOST titling the chapter "Rest in Reeses  pieces". Okay, I dunno why I wanted to name it that. XD I also have LOTS of drama planned for future chapters. Oh my god this will be great.... And I have a huge twist coming your way! anyways, hope you enjoy! ~Kitty
~~~
Laurence's POV
For the past week, I've been trying to figure out how to get to Aphmau. Pfft, I don't know how to get to O'khasis! Ugh! I miss her... So much. I need her in my life. She's always helped me out so much! And I've done nothing to repay her. I'm more of a burden then a friend. I wonder why she likes me.... I'll always remember our first meeting.
XxFlashbackxX
I was in the forest crying over my parents death. I was only about Five or Six. They died when my old village was at war with another. I managed to escape my village but I was lost, cold, hungry, afraid. Then these kids came out of nowhere! They looked to be a little older then me.
"Aww! Look, it's a lost little kid!" Said one. The kid in the back was laughing.
"Hey, why you cryin' kid? Awww did something bad happen? How cute!" Said another. He looked like the leader.
"L-leave me alone!" I said.
"Oh yeah? Whacha' gonna do about it?" Said the girl. I started to fight with them. Then they started hurting me, but I fought back. But then something unexpected happened.
"Leave that kid alone!" Yelled someone from nearby. We all turned and saw a girl with hazel eyes and black hair.
"Look, another kid! And this one looks smaller! She should be easy to take out!" Said the leader. But then the girl punched the leader. Then kicked another kid hard in the leg.
"Ouch! Ugh, let's get out of here. We're only going to get hurt. Come on! Let's go!" Said the leader. And the bullies left.
"YOU BETTER RUN!" Said the girl. She turned to me and smiled. I was still on the ground shocked. She helped me up. I stared into her eyes. She giggled, "Well, are you gonna tell me your name?" He asked. I blushed.
"O-Oh, w-who me? u-uh yeah I-I'm Laurence." I said.
"Well I'm Aphmau. Are you okay? Why were you crying?" She asked.

XxEnd of FlashbackxX

I'll never forget that day. Ever sense then, we've been close friends. But I want more then just friends. Gah! But I'm such a coward. I'm to scared to tell her of my feelings. How would she react? What would she say? I shouldn't focus on that... For now, I need to think of a away to find Aphmau.
I just lay back against a tree, trying to get my thoughts together. I made sure that my base was in sight. Just as I was about to doze-off, I herd walking nearby.
"Hm?" I asked, "Who's there?" I got out my sword and stood up. Then I herd laughing.
"Bahahahaha!" The figure appeared in front of me. It was Zane!? But why?! He should be in O'khasis! "Oh, well isn't it Laurence."
"WHY ARE YOU HERE ZANE!?" I asked
"Hm? Oh, well I'm just here to...Mm, well I'm here to kill you." He said.
"Wait...what!? Why!?" I asked. "Why you!? Why not anyone else!?"
"I wanted to be the one to put an end to you." He was smirking.
"But why!? Why do you want to kill me!?" I asked. He laughed again.
"Heh, well boy, you did know I would kill you anyways right? You're Aphmau's lover and you're an obvious threat to our relationship!" He said. I blushed slightly.
"I-I'm not her lover! A-and she doesn't love me. If she did then she would have told me by now." I said sadly.
"Ha, well, she does love you. It may not seem like it, but she does. Now, I need to do what I came her for." Said Zane. He held out his sword.
"Wait....your....you're breaking your promise to Aphmau! You said tha-" I was cut off.
"I know what I said! But I'm Zane! I never keep my promises." He said.
"W-Wa?" I didn't know what to say.
"Heh, and she thinks that she can-- never mind. *Ahem*" He paused, "Wait....I change my mind. Hmm.... This would be more fun if Aphmau was here to watch you die before her eyes! Hmph, I'm taking you to O'khasis." He said. He quickly got out a golden lasso and put me inside. At least I will see her beautiful face one last time.

Aphmau's POV
Today was day 28. I've been in O'khasis for four weeks. I haven't stopped crying sense when my parents died. My face hurt now. But I cried on. Zane also left early this morning. I wonder why... I'm also wondering why I haven't seen Laurence in my dreams ever sense.... I kissed him. And for a weird reason, the kiss didn't seem right. I don't know what it was... Maybe I'm just a bad kisser. Hours passed, after dinner I went into my room to get to bed. But there was a knock at my door. I walked over to open it. It was Zane.
"Zane? What is it..." I asked quietly.
"Oh Aphmau, possibilities everywhere!  Ha! First of all, I'm changing the date of our wedding. Instead of 100 days, it will be in 20 days. From now." He said.
"W-What!? But why!?" I asked.
"Heh, you see, Laurence wondered into O'khasis and we caught him! So, for his punishment, we will kill him. And, on our wedding day. Because it would be perfect! A wedding and the death of my least favorite person in one day!" He said.
"Z-Zane! How could you!?" I asked. I started to cry.
"And if you try anything to stop this plan, we will kill Garroth." He said and walked away. Then I began to cry. And I sang to myself:

A drop in the ocean,
A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
I'm holding you closer then most,
'Cause you are my heaven

I thought to myself: Laurence....please...please don't leave me! You're my last hope.