Chapter 10: Love Within The Shadows

---Aphmau's POV---

We've been in Phoenix Drop for exactly one month now. And I managed to take position as lord of Phoenix Drop. Just yesterday too. But I've never lead a village before. I don't know what to do. I now lived in that house on the hill. It was pretty small but comfy. Laurence is now in guard training to become a guard. I like my new life. Nothing chaotic. Peaceful. Perfect.

Whoosh!

The door flew open. It was Dante. He was breathing heavy. I quickly ran over to the door.
"Dante? Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Aphmau.... He... Your brother....Garroth.... He... Showed up.... At the gates..... And.... H-he looks... hurt." He said.

"W-What!? Wait, let's take him to the guest room. We can help him there." I said.

Garroth was put on the bed in the guest room. But he was fainted. He had cuts and bruises everywhere! How did he find me? What happened to him!?

"W-Will he be okay?" I asked.

"I think he'll be fine. But he's very injured. It may take a while for him to heal." Said a girl with glasses and blonde hair. I think her name was Emmalyn. Then I remembered how I healed Laurence! Maybe I can heal Garroth the same way!

"W-Wait... I have healing magicks! I think.... But maybe I can help him!" I said. I placed a hand on Gartoth's chest. I hoped that he would heal. But nothing happened. I tried over and over but he didn't change.

"No! Why isn't it working!? It should work!" I said.

"Are you sure you have healing powers? Maybe—" started Emmalyn.

"Yes! I'm sure. Sorry.... It's just... What if he's dead!?" I asked. The room grew silent. Laurence walked up to me.

"Aphmau I don't think he's d—" started Laurence.

"BUT WHAT IF HE IS!? MY STUPID POWERS WONT WORK! UGH! I CANT LOSE GARROTH LIKE I LOST MY PARENTS!" I said

"Aphmau... Please calm—" he started.

"NO! Please... I can't." I ran out of my house in tears. Then out of Phoenix Drop. And into the forest. I stopped at a pond to cry into. But something unexpected happened.

---Laurence's POV---

I hate to see Aphmau like this. I understand how she may feel. But still... Garroth shouldn't be dead. Why would he be left at the gates if he was dead? Aphmau ran out of the house crying. I began to run after her but Emmalyn caught my arm.

"Let her be." She said calmly. I understood. I watched her run into the forest in tears. I hope she'll be okay. I knew how much she cared for Garroth.

---Aphmau's POV---

I am such a crybaby. But maybe it's good that i'm crying. Garroth is very injured.  But what if he's--
I can't think like that. I just continue to cry by the pond. But suddenly there was a  tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a man. He had blue eyes and black hair. Then he raised his fist and knocked me out!

I woke up in a dark place

It was in a cell. And I was in a bed. I slowly sat up and tried to remember what had just happened. Ouch... My head hurt bad. I touched it lightly.

"OW!" I cried. I looked at my hand. It was covered in dry blood. I guess I was bleeding. Then the cellar door opened. I turned to face it.