Chapter 23//Illusions

---Aphmau's POV---

Ever since we started walking back, I've been thinking, what now? I mean...so much has happened in little time. So...what's next? Will something else go bad? Or...will things go right for once? If I just think about it...first, I was taken to marry Zane. Then, we got to the Nether and I became a shadow knight. And then...Levin was stolen. So we needed to find him. Now, we're just walking back. It's been a few hours, too. And it's practically the afternoon by now. Time goes by fast. So, you've just gotta flow with it. Well, that didn't exactly sound accurate. Whatever.

We're now finally back! Not exactly, but we made it! We just approached the gates.

"So...is this Phoenix Drop?" Asked Malachi. I looked Down at him and smiled.

"Yep! You're going to love it here, Malachi!" I said. He jumped up and down excitedly. I giggled. Dante saw us back and he smiled at us. He opened the gates and spotted Malachi. Before he could open his mouth to talk, Garroth cut in.

"It's a long story." He said. Dante just shrugged and let us in.

I loved being back in Phoenix Drop! I ran over to the village to see it again. Wait...what? Whoa, whoa, whoa...w-what in the— I quickly frowned. I tried to speak but my mouth refused to talk. The reflection of Phoenix Drop shined in my eyes. Everything...was on fire. I could hear screams. Smoke filled the air! The wind howled as it swept through the air.

"No." I broke out. Before I knew it, I was on the ground.
Xx

"No...no no no no no! No!" I screamed as I shot up from my bed.

"Whoa, calm down Aphmau." Said...Emmalyn?

"Wait, what!? What was that!? The village was burning and..." I trailed off. It looked like everyone was okay.

"Aphmau, everything's fine. Now tell us, what happened to you back there?" Asked Laurance. I hesitated.

"I-I...I saw...the village....being burned down. And...I could see smoke and hear screaming!" I explained.

"M-Maybe you were so tired that you fell asleep at the gates and had a nightmare." Said Laurance, trying to calm me down.

"B-But...I saw...I-it wasn't a—" I began.

"Hush, Aphmau. We'll leave you to rest." Said Emmalyn. And with that, everyone was out of my room.

Was it all a dream?

----
Oooh! Oh noes! Wut happened!? Teeheehee...you'll see. Sorry for not updating. I've been running out of ideas and I've been OBSESSED with Undertale! It's one of the best games I've ever played. Play. It. If. You. Haven't. Please, you won't regret it. Plus, it's only $10 on Steam. So...meh, pretty cheep for a game. Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed!

-Kitty
---