Chapter Sixteen: Trouble In Paradise

Authors Note: So, I'm feeling much better since I went unconscious and had a fit and I'm back and ready to go. I've decided to go with pairing Tatum and Dylan because I want to explore their characters more and remember to vote, comment and follow me and listen to the song at the top.

Dedication: I devote this chapter to @hernisab who spammed my books with votes and is one of newest readers. I hope you enjoy this book!

Picture at the top is Dylan^^

"You inspire me to be better
You challenge me for the better
Sit back and let me pour out my love letter"~ DestinysChild Cater4U

Dylan's eyes widened when she heard her wolf whimper the word 'Mate' but before she could react the incredibly hot stranger was already towering over her, his eyes switching colour as he fought control over his wolf.

"Mine" He snarled out , almost daring her to disagree.

"Yours" She breathed, showing him her neck as sign of submission and acceptance.

"Maybe we should go and give them some privacy ?" Suggested Daniel holding out his hand to his Luna gently .

Cassandra just nodded , too shocked to say anything as her best friend was now mated to the biggest asshole alive. Of course, she was happy for her and her bond but did it have to be Tatum?

"What the hell is going on? What's with the whole snarling and growing mine, this is getting out of hand and I want answers . This isn't normal" Ebony whisper hissed to her younger sister as Daniel brought them downstairs to the bar.

Ebony was normally laid back, chilled and the no question asked kind of girl but even for her this was becoming to much and messing with her head. Was her sister tied up with some crazy cult ? Even being in Samuels presence made her cower, he brought out a vibe of dominance and fear and something else she couldn't put her finger on. He radiated some type of unearthly power that unsettled her.

"I can't te-"

"NO! Screw this Cassandra, I'm your big sister and I demand to know what's happening. Who the hell is Samuel Black and who is that guy we left Dylan with? " Yelled Ebony , causing the restaurant to pipe down and stop and stare.

"Please quite down, you're causing a scene" Daniel ordered worriedly.

"I'll make a even bigger one if you don't tell me what's going on" Ebony unbuckled her heels and rolled up her trousers " What's stopping me from climbing on the table and telling everyone what I know ?" She demanded to a anxious looking Cassandra.

"Death"Came the deep dark tone that seemed to vibrate against the walls and almost cast the room to a cold inhumane temperature.

Unlike Daniel and Ebony who were cowering in fear , Cassandra shot her mate a dirty look for threatening her sister which made Samuel wink at her much to her annoyance and his amusement. She wished he wouldn't be so scary, his tone had almost made her pee her pants until she realised he wouldn't and couldn't do anything to her.

"Can I tell her? Please Samuel, she won't tell anybody I swear " Begged Cassandra putting on her most sweetest and child like voice .

"Fine but once you tell her, she'll have to live on the Island as I cannot risk our exposure which is punishable by death. Sister or not Cassandra, I will kill her " Replied Samuel, his tone uncaring and unbothered.

Cassandra's mouth hung open in shock at his statement but decided she'd bring it up a next time. She grabbed her sisters hand and explained everything with a few inputs and comments from Daniel while Samuel stood up looking bored out of his brain. She explained about wolves, how Samuel was a direct descendant from the Moon Goddess, the history, how shifting work and most importantly mates. Cassandra explained how it was a life long bond and commitment, how you could never leave your other half and how much the bond affected you. How everything was heightened and nothing could ever compare to them.

"That sucks!" Exclaimed Ebony once Cassandra was done explaining, much to even Samuels shock.

"How so?" Came his monotone question.

"Everyone has a hot mate apart from, it's not fair " Whined Ebony pouting .

"That's what you got from the conversation ? I just told you werewolves exist and my mate is like a God and you're worried that you don't have a mate?" Cassandra asked slowly, not believing her sister.

Ebony was always the most out going, outspoken, carefree and lax one out of the two but even for her this was passing the boundaries of laid back. Then again Ebony was boy crazy so in a way it wasn't so surprising she was concerned about not having a mate.

"Duh" Ebony flicked her hair before grabbing Cassandra's tiny wrist and dragging her up and saying " Excuse me boys, we need to powder our noses"

The girls walked into the bathroom and Ebony took out her small make up bag from her purse and began to apply some more foundation to her already perfectly beat face whilst talking .

Cassandra couldn't help but feel a little insecure as she watched her older sister who seemed to radiate confidence and not to mention the fact she was ridiculously beautiful . Growing up she was just always in the limelight and always overshadowing her yet Cassandra still loved her. She knew Ebony didn't do it purposely, it wasn't her fault she had a younger sister who was practically a midget and rarely talked to people but no matter what Ebony always had her back.

"...That Daniel is super hot, I want him to be my mate "

Cassandra rose an eyebrow in amusement .

"You don't choose your mate "

"Well, I just have. Let's go so I can charm the pants off of him and if all goes well then it will be literally " Shrugged Ebony , fluffing up her hair and giving her sister a secretive wink.

Once the girls got back in the restaurant Ebony found herself sat next to a wry looking Daniel whilst Cassandra went to sit next to her smirking mate.

"I heard everything" He announced lowly to her as Ebony let out a over exaggerated laugh at something Daniel said.

"Did Daniel?"

"I doubt it, it's pretty packed in here. You're  tired, let's go upstairs and get you to sleep"

Cassandra nodded and took Samuels hand while struggling to keep her eyes open, today had really took its tole on her and she wanted nothing more than to cuddle up with her mate and talk about her day with him. But as soon as they opened their room door they were met with the shocking sight of a crying Dylan on the bed with a pacing Tatum.

Dylan was always the strong one who showed no fear and backed down for nobody so to see her cry broke her heart and made her furious. Cassandra knew it had something to do with Tatum, so, on impulse Cassandra rounded on him.

"What did you do?!" Screamed Cassandra poking him in the chest , tears streaming down her face.

Tatum let out a snarl which made Cassandra cower in fear until Samuel had him pinned up a wall within the blink of a eye growling out "If you wasn't my best friend I would have snapped your neck, you need to fucking calm down" and with that Samuel hauled him out the room.

"Dylan, speak to me please" Whimpered Cassandra hugging her sobbing best friend.

"H-he didn't wait Cass, as a werewolf you're meant to stay pure for your mate and he hasn't. His slept with so much girls, he didn't even love me enough to wait. It's sacred" Dylan explained through gasping breaths as she felt like her heart was being ripped from her chest.

Cassandra wanted to kill Tatum, how could he do such a selfish thing but at the same time one thought was running through her own head: Did Samuel wait for her?

Authors Note: Cliffhanger! I wonder if he has waited for her? Vote and comment XO

#EDITED 9/8/17