Chapter 5

Me, Elena, Jeremy and Alaric all hung out and ate fast food. Well Elena didn't, she just sat there smiling. Then she got a call from Matt and walked off to take it. When she got back she was panicked. "What's wrong? Is Matt alright?" I stood up and walked over to her.

"It wasn't Matt...it was Connor." She said with worry written all over her face, "he said he wants Silas' body and the cure or he's going to kill everyone at the Grill. It's graduation today every bodies families will be at the Grill!" She said panicking.

I place my hand on her arm and try to clam her down, "Elena, it will be okay!" I soothed. Then looks back at Jeremy and Alaric who were still scoffing down burgers.

"You stay with them!" Elena said and rushed off somewhere. Great, I'm out of the loop again!

I turn to Alaric and Jeremy, "stay here!" I run to the boarding house. I will not be out of the loop! I said to myself.

-----------------------------------

When I get there I see a man at the door, he shoots something at Damon and I sneak up behind the man who looked like a hunter by the amount of stakes and guns he had. He was telling Damon that some women named Qetsiyah told him to come here to kill Silas. Before he said anymore Stefan was next to me and he stabbed the hunter in the back. "Bit late brother." Damon mumbled. He was laying on the floor.

"Oh god!" I knelt down beside him and pulled the bullet out. He flinched and shut his eyes. "Damon?"

"I'm fine! I'm fine!" He insisted and then got up and went to his room.

Elena came in a few seconds after and asked where he was, "up stairs!" I told her and then followed Stefan into the living room where Lexi was standing.

They were listening to something I couldn't hear and Stefan's face dropped. Lexi comforted him by rubbing his shoulder. He said he'd go back to her heart beat if she chose him but if she didn't he'd leave town.

I couldn't stand anymore depressing talk so I went out for a walk. The something crossed my mind. I though Klaus would be here to save Caroline from all this hell!

I ended up at the Grill where all the families sat and laughed and ate, they had no idea what was going on right in front of them. Alaric grabbed me and told me I shouldn't be out on my own because I would get killed so he took my with him to some sort of lake. Damon was there getting shot by this man called Galen. Alaric used his super vampire speed and snapped Galen's neck like it was a twig then threw him into the water.

"One problem..." Damon said watching the water where Galen was thrown. Then Alaric held up the cure and Damon smiled. Then winced in pain.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask, worried about him. Me and Damon weren't best of friends but I still cared a little.

"The bullet was laced with Vervain!" Damon gasped out and moaned.

"Ric!" I urged him to do something and he got his phone out.

"Do I force feed it to him?" Alaric asked then dropped the phone. "Ah!" He gripped his ears.

"What happened?" I asked. I was sitting next to Damon now urging him to stay alive.

"I don't know..." He stared at his phone that was on the floor.

---------------------------------------

We all gathered for their graduation and Klaus cured Damon. He came after Caroline left him a message saying he better get his ass here to save Damon. The girls huddled and said what they are gonna do after graduation and Bonnie seemed a little off but I pushed it aside. She had the right to be, I mean she's pushed herself so hard for the people she cares about. Then everyone went their separate ways and I stood there shocked.

"Oh my!" I said. Alaric looked at me and frowned, "I actually missed their graduation saving Damon Salvatore!" I moaned. He laughed then we went back to the boarding house.