Chapter 18

*Damon's P.O.V*

Getting off the phone to Maddy's school, I was furious. Jeremy was in a fight this morning and was now excluded for two days and Maddison had skipped one of her classes. Maybe it would be harder to look after theses kids than it looked a few days ago.

Jeremy stumbled through the door and threw his bag down on the sofa. Silas was standing behind him with a big grin on his face. Great.

"Hello Damon." Jeremy smiled uneasily and I frowned at the scene.

"Where's Maddy?" I asked the two of them. Jeremy shook his head and Silas laughed in his ear.

"I'm here to ask you the same question." He said getting a knife out if his pocket. "Give her this little message for me." Silas held the knife up high then swung it at Jeremy.

When Jeremy didn't get stabbed, I wondered what happened. Silas was pressed up against a wall...by Elijah. I looked at Jeremy, "find your sister, get her away from the house." He nodded and scurried off.

"No need." Elijah said and he snapped Silas' neck. "I have her, She's safe."

"Then give her back!" I felt my blood boil. Why does everyone have to get bad things happen to them on my watch.

"I have a opportunity for her. If she agrees, I will take her away from all of this and she will be under mine and my families protection in New Orleans." Elijah said. He goes from snapping necks one minute to being all noble the next.

"Why would I put her under the protection of your family when all they've done is bring down hell on her life?" I argued but come to think about it. She'd be safer.

"Because believe it of not Klaus is a changed man." Elijah informed me.

Ha, yeah right. "You're right, I don't believe it."

Silas began to wake up so I was getting ready to fight. Not that I'd win. "I know something about her that Niklaus wouldn't want to kill. Trust me she will be safe with me."

"What if she disagrees?" I raise an eyebrow. Silas was conscious now and had Elijah pinned to the wall.

"Then I would like you to compel her to come with me." He said kindly. Why does he always give off some calm vibe...even when he's fighting off Silas.

*Maddison's P.O.V*

Opening my eyes, I saw that I was in a hotel room. I was laying in the centre of a king sized bed and was blinded by the warm streaks of sun, streaming through the blinds. Getting up to close them, I realised a note on a large white dresser near a massive window that covered the whole wall. It read:

'Dear Maddison,

You are safe and to stay at the hotel until I get back from speaking with Damon about something extremely important. I understand that you must be confused but I must assure you that I will explain everything once I get back to you at the hotel. Don't go out of the room and don't answer the door to anyone, I have a key. Please try not to get into trouble...your family seems to be good at that.

Elijah.'

When I read Elijah's name my stomach flipped. This can't be good. Something bad must be going on and Damon is going to send me off to some cold county like England.

Very short chapter, I know but I haven't updated in ages so yeah. Thanks for reading