Chapter 13: Relief Comes With Perks

HARRY'S P.O.V

I felt my jaw drop. It was Lucy. She was sat up, smiling weakly. I blinked my eyes a few times, just to check she was real. I was still crying slightly. I stopped and sprinted over to her, wrapping my arms around her neck. I cried into her shoulder.

"I thought I'd lost you," I whispered.

"You're never gonna lose me Harry," she whispered, sniffing.

I held her for a few minutes. I can honestly say I've never been so happy to see her. I squeezed her tighter.

"H-Harry," she whimpered.

I let go and looked at her worried.

"Did I hurt you? I'm sorry! Do you need a doctor?" I asked frantically.

"I'm fine," she chuckled. "I'm just sore."

"Hey Luce," Emma said, walking over to us.

She had just been outside to tell the others I was ok.

"Hi Em."

They hugged then Emma came and sat next to me on the chairs by the bed.

"Why did you get the doctors to tell us you were dead?" Emma asked, a question I was wondering myself.

"Because it was true. I was pronounced dead at the scene but the doctors revived me. I've lost 2/3 of the blood in my body but they had a downer in the building."

"So, they revived you from the dead? Like a zombie?" Emma said.

Lucy laughed.

"Yeah."

"Can we see? I wanna see what that little prick did to you," I said, feeling the anger boil up inside me.

I still couldn't believe he could have done that. I kept thinking it was my fault. If I hadn't have charged at him he wouldn't have stabbed her. Lucy nodded. She lifted her hospital gown up a bit. Emma and I gasped. She had a about 15cm scar just above her hipbone.

"The doctor said I'll be on crutches for a few weeks but I should be ok and ready for when the tour starts back up," she smiled.

"Emma, can you give us a minute?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. I'll see you later Luce."

"Emma! I'm leaving tonight! They said I have one final checkup this afternoon at 5 then I can go!" Lucy called after her best friend.

Emma nodded and left the room, leaving me and my girlfriend all on our own. I got up and sat on her bed, grabbing her hand and playing with her fingers.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"What for?"

"If I hadn't have gone at Leo he wouldn't have dug the-"

Lucy cut me off. "Harry, no, no, no. Look at me."

I kept my head looking towards the floor. I was crying and I didn't want her to see that.

"Look at me. I want to see those beautiful emerald eyes."

I looked slowly up at her and she smiled.

"Please don't blame yourself Harry. It was all Leo's fault. No one else's. If anything you saved me. I was already losing loads of blood when he had the knife partly in. Any longer well... We wouldn't be talking here now."

I winced at the thought of her not being here now. How lonely I would be. Lucy was my missing puzzle piece. She was part of me.

"When I the doctor said you were dead I... I didn't know what to do. Can you promise me something?"