Chapter 29: Stole my Heart

HARRY'S P.O.V

THE DAY AFTER THE ONE FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER (lol)

I sat slumped on the sofa, flicking aimlessly through the channels on the tv. I couldn't wait until the IMAs so I could see Lu again. It was gonna be awesome.

Just as I'd settled on a channel, there was a knock at the door. I rolled lazily off the sofa and ran a hand through my curls as I walked through the hall. I twisted the key in the the lock. As soon as I opened it, my favourite red head barged past me.

"Lu, babe? What are you doing here?" I asked astounded.

She didn't reply, just jogged up the stairs. I followed her curiously. I thought she was meant to be in Nashville?

I followed her as she walked into the bedroom. I watched as she pulled out a suitcase from under the bed and flung open the wardrobe. Ok, she was scaring me now.

"Babe what are you doing?" I asked, worry coating my voice.

"Leaving," she replied coldly, shoving all of her clothes into the case.

"Wait what?"

I grabbed hold of her arm and her eyes came into lock with mine. They were red and puffy like she'd been crying.

"Where are you going? Talk to me."

"I'm going to Danielle's," she said, yanking her arm away.

"Why?"

She stopped what she was doing and looked at me. She ran a hand through her measured hair.

"You cheated," she whispered, a lump in her throat.

"What? No I didn't!"

"Yes you did! Don't lie to me!" she yelled. "With Sammy! You had sex with my manager after my accident!"

I gulped. That was an mistake, one that I regretted. Tears were falling down my girlfriends face. I reached for her hand but she pulled it away. That's when I felt my own tears start to build up.

"It was a one time thing, a mistake," I said.

"So it was true," she confirmed, wiping her eyes quickly.

Lucy continued to pack her stuff into the case. I kept on trying to persuade her that it was an accident, but she wouldn't listen. Eventually, she finished and walked out of the bedroom.

"Please babe, can we talk about this?" I asked sobbing.

"Don't call me babe! I'm not your girlfriend anymore Harry!" She said.

I looked at her shocked. She can't be serious.

"Lucy, please don't leave me!" I begged, turning her so she was facing me.

We were both now crying, the tears now both falling down our faces. I gripped her wrists.

"I'm so, so, so, so sorry. What I did with Sammy was an accident and you don't realise how much I've regretted that each and everyday."

"Why did you do it?" she whispered.

"I honestly have no clue. It was Sammy, she was flirting and saying stuff and I wasn't drunk but I was on the verge of being drunk and I... It was a stupid mistake that if I could turn back time I would undo."

I pushed a stray piece of red hair behind my lovers ear, watching as the tears fell from her eyes. I slowly went down and kissed each salty drop of water away. Slowly, her sobbing began to cease as I moved my lips carefully down to her neck, leaving light kisses.

"Please don't go," I mumbled against her skin.

"I have to Harry, I can't stay here."

I pulled away and looked at her. Just when I thought I'd won her back.

"Can I have one more night then? One more night to prove just how much I love you? Please?"

"One more night," she said.

I sighed with relief and sadness, knowing that this would be the last night I had with her, but at least I had one more night. I placed my hands under her bum and lifted her up so that her legs were wrapped around my waist. I attached my lips to hers and carried her upstairs and into our room. I better enjoy tonight...

---------------------

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to wrap my arm around the beautiful body next to me, but I was disappointed to find that it wasn't there. I instantly sprang up, jumping out of bed. I picked up my CK that were on the floor and pulled them on, before walking out of the room. I ran a hand through my curls as I looked in the kitchen. Nothing. I walked into the living room. I leant against the doorframe as I stared at the petite body sat in my Rolling Stones shirt on the window sill hugging her knees, a cup of tea in her hands.

"I made you one," she said, not turning away from the direction she was staring.

"Thanks."

I walked over to the sofa where the cup of hot liquid was resting on the arm of it. I slumped down on the couch. The next few minutes were filled with an awkward silence. Eventually, Lu stood up and walked into the kitchen. I followed her in with my empty mug. She began washing the dished that were piling up on the side.

"I see that you haven't washed up since I left," Lucy joked with no emotion.

"Why do you hate me?"

She turned around to face me. She had dark circles under her eyes and they were red and puffy. She walked over to me.

"Why would I hate you?"

"Because I broke your heart," I mumbled.

She placed a hand on my cheek.

"You didn't break my heart," she said. "You stole it."

I looked at her.

"Do you want it back?"

"No. As long as you take care of it, you can keep it forever."

I smiled like a Cheshire Cat, picking her up and twirling her around while she giggled.

"I love you so much."

"I love you to."

-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@--@

AWWW SWEET CHAPPIE ILY