prologue

Natalia.

Jessie and I have been married for 5 years. We were high-school sweet hearts and we went to college together. At graduation he popped the question and I can honestly say that was the best day of my life. Jessie went on to become an investment banker and he loves his job. I became a paralegal and it's great. So here I am 26 and my life is perfect.

Until it all came crashing down.

I remembered it still like it happened just yesterday. it was Thursday and I told Jessie I'm going to visit my grandmother because she just had heart surgery she's, getting up there in age and she needs constant medical attention. I left and visited my grandma, I love her to death she's basically my best friend and I know that sounds weird but its true I could talk to her about anything, she never really liked to Jessie but she was happy that I was happy and that's all that matters. I cut the visit short because she had to go and do observations and she told me I could leave. I didn't call Jesse when I was leaving and I just drove home. I pulled up the drive way. opened the front door and went inside .I heard music playing and that was weird because Jesse told me he was going to work so I creep
upstairs quietly and try to find out where the music is coming from. its coming from our bedroom so I get the bat from the storage closet and I open the door and what I see broke my heart into every piece imaginable.
there is my husband and my sister Tricia having sex in my bed. I've never been so hurt in my life. Jessie here's the door open looks at me like a deer caught in headlights he jumps off Tricia who is pulling the sheet over her naked body. "Natalia what are you doing home I thought you were at the hospital"

" this isn't what it looks like" he says. are you kidding me right now what could it possibly look like. I start screaming at him. I look over to my sister who looks as if she's having fun all through this. looking at me with a smirk on her face she's not even remorseful or even remotely upset over what she's done she looking at me like she has won something. "I don't even want to hear it" i say and get a suitcase with all my clothes packing it in. Jesse's trying to talk to me and putting on his clothes while trisha is still laying naked on our bed just watching it all go down. I get all my clothes in my suitcase and bring it downstairs to my car. "please talk to me I'm sorry" Jessie says. "how long Jessie how long has it been going on don't you dare lie to me either". I scream at him. He looks down and says "one year"I look at him so shocked. I'm bawling my eyes out." 1 year we have been married for 5 years and for only 4 off them you've been faithful" I don't know what comes over me but I punch him straight in the face, a punch that not only hurt him but hurt my hand as well. i look at him, the man I loved with all my heart." you'll hear from my lawyers you disgusting pig I don't ever want to talk to you again and don't you ever call me".

I'm crying as I Drive to the nearest motel .the guy at the front desk looks at me with so much pity . I told him i need a room. he says how long. "I don't know about a week" I say. I get my key and go into the dirty little motel room and I just start to cry, I walk back out to see the same guy looking at me he gives me a smile but I can't return it. I Drive to my parents house and I knock on the door I go inside and I see my mom and dad sitting down watching Jeopardy. They see me crying and asked what's wrong, what's happening. I tell them everything and the look on their faces says it all .I've never seen my dad so angry and I'm never seen my mom looks so shocked and hurt not only that he's cheated on me but its with my sister and it's been going on for a year.

My mom tries to call my sister but she's not picking up, surprise surprise. my dad is just beaming with anger. She finally gets a hold of Tricia and she started yelling at her telling her how she can do this to her own sister I don't hear the argument and I don't even care. I call my lawyer and I tell him everything he says he will need to get in touch with Jesse's lawyer and set up a date for the divorce papers and do a meeting with the both of us I don't want to go to the meeting but I know I have to so he says he'll call me back with any information.

About 3 days pass when my lawyer finally called me back and says Jesse and his lawyer are ready to do a meeting and he set's it up for wednesday. I say fine and I just want to get this over with. I get dressed and do my hair I want to make sure that he knows he did not hurt me even though he has I can't make him get the satisfaction of knowing he's broken me.

When i get there i see that jessie and his lawyer is already here. we have a sit down with the judge Jesse's look at me with so much regret and sadness and I can't even meet his gaze. The judge starts talking and he asks if a divorce is really what we want Jesse says no but i scream yes a divorce is definitely what I want the lawyers start to divide up the assets and I'm looking at all of this and I'm thinking to myself I don't want anything to do with him anymore .I say to everyone "Jessie can keep everything the only thing I want is my car and whatever money is in my bank account, he can keep everything else the house, the beach house everything he can keep it all I don't want any of it".his lawyer looks at me, everyone's looking at me. my lawyer asked "are you sure" I say yes. Jessie hasn't made a sound the judge ask Jessie if he's okay with this he looks at me he's crying and he says he's fine with it .I get up and walk out.i never looked back.

With the type of job I had I can move anywhere and still do the work so I chose to move far away from him.l never spoke to my sister and it's seems like she didn't care anyway. My parents ask me to stay but I couldn't. I told them I'd call.

About two weeks later my divorce was final and I officially moved into my new apartment. It was a nice little starter place. The weird thing Is a started throwing up every morning and a feared the worst. I thought it was just a stomach bug but the realization of what it might be hit me when I realized I haven't seen my period in 2 months. I went to the doctor not trusting myself to take the test at home. I prayed it wasn't what I thought it was and when I went to the doctor she told me the words I did to not want to hear. Congratulations ms.walker your pregnant.