served

DEDICATED TO _XIOMI_

JESSIE.

Lunch was a complete disaster. It was awkward and full of just weird conversations. I honestly didn't want to go. Trisha kept begging me but I wasn't really feeling it. I mean why would I have lunch with her parents when they basically despise me. Her mom tries to be friendly with me sometimes, giving me small smiles but I know she doesn't really care for me, not after what I did. Her father just blatantly ignores my presence. To him I'm non existent. I was not going to be in a place where I was unwelcome and ever since my divorce I was unwelcome every where.

Everyone liked Natalia, she is kind,caring,beautiful and a all around good person, so when our friends found out that we were going to divorce and the reason why, they dropped me as a friend. I mean some stayed but it wasn't the same. The ones that did stay never liked Trisha and we hung out less because Trisha always wanted to be with me.

The reason I did go to lunch with Trisha was because she said that her parents invited Natalia. That meant that Tyler would be there and since she didn't want me to be near him, thus was the only way I could ever see him and I didn't like that.

When we got to her parents house her mom was at the door and gave us both a hug but mine felt cold. I saw Natalia and she looked peeved. However she was still beautiful if not more so than the last time I saw her.

Lunch was weird and it didn't help that Trisha was talking about the wedding for most of it. I  was just looking at Natalia and Tyler the whole time. She was so so nurturing. She was looking at Tyler and wiping his face of food. She didn't even eat yet, she was making sure he ate. I looked at her so different. I didn't see the old Natalia that in hurt and betrayed. I saw a mother who loved her son.

What about me. I was his father and I can't even share in this moment with her. I just looked at my food.

Trisha however did something that was so uncalled for. I mean asking your sister who is marrying you ex husband to be your maid of honor. Has she lost her freaking mind.

Natalia however kept a calm face the entire time and told her no in the simplest way possible. I didn't like when Trisha brought up the mention of Tyler's father in the conversation. 

What Natalia said really broke my already shattered heart. Was that what she really thought of me now. That I would hurt Tyler.

Natalia left with Tyler and Trisha and I followed soon after.

When Trisha and I got home I was tired and depressed. That wasn't good for me.

"Baby what's wrong" Trisha said sitting close to me.

"Nothing" I said kinda harsh

"Is it about Natalia"

"No" I said partially lying

"Is it about Tyler"

When I didn't respond she took that as the reason why and didn't say anything. A couple of quiet moments passed when she spoke again.

"Hun I have a suggestion" she said with so much happiness in her voice.

"What suggestion" I said curious

"Okay well I can see it your eyes that you want to spend time with Tyler and I know he's your son. Natalia isn't going to make you see him, so why don't you make it so legally you have to see him."

I wasn't getting what she was trying to say and she could see the confusion on my face.

She sighed" Jessie what I'm saying is that if you file for joint custody of Tyler and take her to court and win, you can see Tyler and she can't tell you no. He is your son too."

Court I can't do that to her. She would hate me more and I don't want that, but Trisha has a point I would be able to see Tyler and Natalia isn't allowing me.

"I'll look into it" she smiled really wide at that.

Natalia.

It's been a couple of days since the lunch and today I was feeling refreshed and ready to start a new. I found a new daycare for Tyler and he started on Monday and my job is sending over an intern with all the cases i have to work on. Being a paralegal is a lot of work.

Tyler was playing with his toys when the door bell rang. Thinking it was the intern I opened the door without asking. I saw a tall guy in a suit holding a manila envelope in his hand.

"Are you Natalia walker" he said.

"Yes and who are you"

"You've been served" and with that he just walked away. I tried calling him back but to no avail.

I wonder what I was served with.

I heading back in the living room and opened the envelope. When I read it, I kid you not I have never been so passed in my life.

Jessie was taking me to court for joint custody of Tyler.

Has he lost his fucking mind.

"Mommy said no no word." Tyler Said covering his mouth. I most of said that out loud. "Mommy's sorry baby"

"Tyler I need you to go upstairs and get your jacket and shoes okay.

"Why mommy"

"Your gonna go visit gran-ma and gran-pa while I do something okay  sweetie"

With that he went upstairs to get ready.

If Jessie thinks this was supposed to scare me he as another thing coming. Did he forget that I know some of the top lawyers in the country. He wants a fight well come on.

But first I going to pay him a little visit.

Vote . Comment