Sam x Reader//The Devil Within

Song of choice: The Devil Within by Digital Daggers

Imagine: soulless Sam telling you he doesn't love you, but you don't know he doesn't have a soul.

It was a normal day, you mourning over the loss of your beloved Sam. You sat on the couch in your small flat that you shared with Sam, wearing a Stanford sweatshirt that smelled like your boyfriend.

You just sat there, no tears no nothing. You were sad, you were dead inside because Sam was the only thing keeping you alive. He was the only thing you cared about.

He was the one who broke through the many walls you put up, he cracked them and your emotions came flooding out. You were broken. The devil within you had come out, your terrifying memories of your childhood.

You had them blocked away, but Sam came and saved you from drowning in them, he protected you. Hell, he loved you. And no one had ever loved you before. You kept your thoughts to yourself, not speaking them out loud like you used too.

You don't talk as much. It's been a few months since he fell into the cage with Lucifer and Michael. Out of nowhere you screamed and punched the pillow next to you multiple times, tears starting to stream down your face. You were crying when you heard a knock on your door. You got up and wiped your eyes, then opened the door.

There stood Sam in all his glory. He looked down at you, his eyes void of emotion. Your eyes widened and you slammed the door shut only to open again with your holy water. You sprayed him and nothing happened.

"Sammy?" You whispered, your voice breaking out of pure emotion. He nodded and you hugged him tightly, hoping to feel his arms go around you. But they don't. Confused you pull back and look at him.

"Y/n, I want to tell you something I've been wanting to tell you since we got together." He spoke, leaving you startled at the lack of emotion in his voice. You nodded, slightly afraid to hear what he had to say. Those four words he spoke next broke what was left of your heart.

"I don't love you."

"What?" You asked, your eyes wide with fear and pain. He shrugged and looked you dead into your e/c eyes.

"I don't love you. I did at first, but now I don't. I don't want to fix you anymore. I'm sick of trying to keep you from crying because of the devil within you. I don't love you." He explained, then turned around and left. A single tear slid down your face as you closed the door and slid down it.

Then you broke. You cried and silenced your screams of pain because you didn't want to alert your neighbors. The love of your life didn't love you. He didn't want to help you. He didn't want to comfort you.

Maybe he had a devil within.

Maybe it had already come out.
-

Lol I like sad stories I'm weird. Anyways here y'all go!

stay thirsty my friends,
noelle