Dean x Reader//Baby, Baby

Song of Choice: Can't Fight This Feeling- REO Speedwagon

Imagine: Dean lets you drive Baby

Requested by Molbash_Cannonball

"Dean please?"

All the way you had been complaining instead of watching the scenery go past as you usually did. There was something calming about it, but right now, there was only one thing on your mind. One thing that Dean just kept denying.

"Sorry, not happening." You huffed and crossed your arms, glaring at the constantly shifting road in front of you. When you opened your mouth again, Dean turned up the music, successfully muffling you with a smirk. With that, you turned to look out the side window. It was all a blur, but everything was still easy to make out. A stop sign that Dean ignored, a tree, a flower, some more signs, the speed limit.

"Dean, you're going twenty over the speed limit." You muttered, hearing him curse under his breath and slow down. He usually went faster, but he got a warning not that long ago on this same road, so he wasn't trying to get an actual ticket.

There went another tree, another sign, and some metal rails to keep cars from falling off the road. Not like it would help as they would just flip over. You sighed and began humming along to the music, tapping your fingers against the window to the beat. Suddenly, a thought occured in your mind, prompting a small smile to overcome your lips.

"What if I bought you pie?" You shifted your eyes over to him, raking in his relaxed posture and easy smile. "Would you let me drive then?" He shook his head and let out a slow whistle.

"Nope." You banged your head back against your seat and rolled your eyes, but nonetheless of your annoyance, you fell quiet. Maybe after all the slicing and dicing he would be too tired to drive, being unable to do anything else but hand you the wheel.

-

You and Dean were holed up in a Motel 6 off some highway in Kentucky. A group of vamps brought you out; they'd been killing off a whole town, so someone had to put a stop to it. Who better than two out of four of the Mystery Gang? Covered in blood, the two of you had booked yourselves a room, scaring the poor old lady who was manning the desk of this rundown place. At least she didn't have a heart attack.

So, that ended here, with the two of you lying on your beds with Grey's Anatomy playing as background noise. Sure, it wasn't Dean's cup of tea, but it made you shut up for a few episodes. However, a few episodes only lasted so long.

"Like I said before, no way." He crossed his arms, sliding down the headboard until he was in a snug position as you continued peppering him with the same question. You pouted and rolled over onto your back, letting your head fall off the side of your own bed as you looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"Pretty please? I'm a good driver! Well, decent. Besides, she's my Baby too. I would never hurt her!" You argued, sitting up as your neck started to cramp from your position. Dean raised an eyebrow, amusement present in his sparkling green eyes. You popped out your bottom lip; his one ultimate weakness.

"I don't care if you're giving me the pouty lip, sweetheart. There's no way in hell you're driving Baby." You gave him a grumpy look and curled under the covers, content to sleep after a long and grueling hunt that had left you scrubbing at your skin for hours upon end.

In the morning when the two of you awoke with sleepy grins, he gave in. You didn't know if it was because of your amazing manipulation capabilities or the fact that you kept screaming Heat of the Moment at the top of your lungs until he gave in (and woke up), but either way, it ended with you in the driver's seat.

When you started the car, you closed your eyes with a ginger sigh as you listened to her engine hum. It was such a comforting sound that you had grown with over the past years and could probably never live without. You opened your eyes and reached into the back, pulling a cassette tape out of your travel bag. Dean eyed you warily as you popped it in.

"Oh god, what could this be." Dean muttered, leaning back in his seat as the music started playing and you made your way out of the parking lot. REO Speedwagon hummed out the tune I Can't Fight This Feeling. Dean nodded his head softly in appreciation as he leaned his head against the cool glass of the passenger's side window.

"I thought this was a perfect song for this moment, ya know? I just couldn't fight my love for Baby any longer, so here I am, behind the wheel, out on the open road with my favorite boy." You winked at him and turned your eyes back to the highway. "We can go anywhere that the ten bucks in my pocket can provide us enough gas for. Anywhere! It's like a dream." You sighed dreamily for emphasis.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're happy."

"Very."

The two of you drove in silence, Dean occasionally murmuring in approval or disgust as the songs changed one by one before coming to a stop. You smiled and gestured for Dean to pick the next cassette. He nodded and pulled out his collection, filtering through them for a few minutes until he pulled one out with a satisfied "hah!"

"What'd ya pick?" You asked eagerly, glancing at him from the side of your vision. Every Rose Has Its Thorn was the first song to arise when he popped it into place. "Oh, nice choice."

"Always, sweetheart. I am the music expert in this here car." He winked at you as he plopped his bin back under his chair. You rolled your eyes and tried to hold back a smile.

"Baby is like my rose, except the only thorn she has is you." He snorted. "I'm serious! You're her thorn because you won't ever let me drive her."

"Well, you're driving her now, aren't you?" You squealed at that, tapping lovingly on the wheel as you mentally thanked Dean. Not out loud, of course. He didn't deserve that yet.

"I love you, Baby!"

"I love you too, baby."

"I wasn't talking to you I was talking to- OH MY GOD YOU CALLED ME BABY!"
-

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN TWO WEEKS FORGIVE MEEEEEE

Anyways this is short but I loVE IT. Also, I'm sorry that it's taking me so long to get everybody's requests out! Just know that all of them are coming, no matter how slow that may be.

stay thirsty my memes,

noelle